Cooks Posted May 29, 2008 Author Share Posted May 29, 2008 if my bedding is a shavings/straw mix (horse bedding type) will this still compost down ok?? because that last lady asked?? I said I believed it to be fine. I now have two people wanting it, but I have one in my village so, well you've got to help your neighbours. Although she did say can I deliver it, if she thinks I am walking up the street with bags of poop she's got another think coming. I do that with the dogs poop bags, I'm not starting it with the chickens too. I told her to come and collect at weekend. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 29, 2008 Share Posted May 29, 2008 Good for you Lou. It shoud compost fine BTW. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 29, 2008 Author Share Posted May 29, 2008 Thanks, she has infact just come and colelcted it, and brought me some nvegetable plant seedlings to plant.. how nice! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yorkshire Pudding Posted May 29, 2008 Share Posted May 29, 2008 It's lovely when people bring a little thankyou gift. My sons are going to make a card for the lady who is giving them the guine pig hutch and I have a jar of homemade quince jelly to take. ES wrote a lovely thankyou letter to the lady who gave him a desk for his bedroom and she posted a note of appreciation on the site. He was really chuffed! I've always had thanks posted when I have given on Freecycle and make a point of posting them myself - and I ignore requests that don't bother with manners! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 29, 2008 Author Share Posted May 29, 2008 funny because I am the same, manners cost nothing except a little thought and have always brought my children up this way. I wont give anything to people that are rude or impolite And my children bless their hearts always say "thank you for having me..." on queue whenever leaving houses and always please and thank yous throughout... not that I get that much politeness off them.. But.. some of their friends have much less manners, I say some because a lot do have lovely manners... but 'some' ooooohhhhhhh!! My son stood up on the bus when we were on holiday in America to offer a pregnant lady his seat, before myself and hubby had seen her enter.. I was so proud! see!! costs nothing... sorry am on rant again, and whats this got to do with freecycle *holds hand out for mods to slap* blame my cold.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Couperman Posted May 29, 2008 Share Posted May 29, 2008 I bought two compost bins and a caddy from recycle now, they took ages to come, but they delivered us the same order twice Needless to say I recycled the spares to family & friends. Kev. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 30, 2008 Author Share Posted May 30, 2008 see thats the other thing why I've been holding off buying from them, someone else told me they take ages to come.. my brother I think all I want is composter... and maybe a caddy if I could get one although I've managed ok without it until now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 I bought two compost bins and a caddy from recycle now, they took ages to come, but they delivered us the same order twice Needless to say I recycled the spares to family & friends. Kev. I had exactly the same experience Kev - I called to find out whether it might be arriving that decade, and a few days later there was a composter and caddy left on my doorstep. The next week, there was another one... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surferdog Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 You can buy a caddy in Sainsbury's for £2.79 http://www.sainsburys.com/groceries/frameset/navigation_frame.jsp Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 30, 2008 Author Share Posted May 30, 2008 ooh thanks for that.. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheGirlsMum Posted May 30, 2008 Share Posted May 30, 2008 Ive just had a phone call to say we have been successful at getting some demi john's. so going to pick them up tomorrow after riding lessons. Can you tell its the first time we have got any thing? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 3, 2008 Share Posted June 3, 2008 I got an amazing catch on Freecycle last night - an almost complete service of the china I'd been collecting from Habitat. Now discontinued . Made my day, it did. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted June 3, 2008 Author Share Posted June 3, 2008 I just got a composter Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted June 3, 2008 Share Posted June 3, 2008 Well done! I bought my first composter from the council, and got my second identical one from freecycle! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 3, 2008 Share Posted June 3, 2008 i think we're going to have freecycle some tickets for silverstone, this weekend. We can't go and can't find anybody that wants them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 3, 2008 Share Posted June 3, 2008 I don't balme you for not going - we get all the traffic coming this way, and it'll be a bog like it was a few years ago when they had to get tractors to haul everyone out Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 3, 2008 Share Posted June 3, 2008 We were going to go in the camper van and stay on a nearby camp site. Our friends from Edinburgh were thinking of going too so, because they were going, I said i would go. I'm not all that keen on motor racing but Ian loves it, so I relented. They've now decided they're going to Donington the week after instead so, because it's my birthday that weekend, we're going to do something I want to do! Ian's managed to find some takers for the tickets now, I would have hated to waste them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
missuscluck Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 I have had my first freecycle experiance today! My first taker for a pair of tap shoes funnilly enough was Karen and co for her daughter!! My second taker for some surplus plants was a very nice lady, who was collecting them for a gentleman. I was really nervous about it. Not sure why?? I think just because of having someone strange call to the house. You dont really know who you are inviting round do you? It is nice to see things go to a good home though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bexiboo Posted June 4, 2008 Share Posted June 4, 2008 ohhh I need a compost bin. If I lived about 2mins walk away I could get a big one for £3 but from my council it is blinkin £20 bah! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...