I am a new Eglu owner and also relatively new to arthritis!

Other than dismantling the house and run every time does anyone have any suggestions or tips regarding easier moving of the Eglu by one person?

Thanks, Chris

Have you tried pulling it by the end of the run, Chris? That's what I used to do before we built a permanent run. I've got bad hips and can't manage to do a lot but pulling it along is relatively easy. You can also swing it around to change direction by pulling. There's a video on the main website showing how to do this here

The other alternative would be to do as we've done and build a permanent run as this does away with having to move it altogether! You could build a barked run as Omlet recommend here or build a larger enclosure and put the Eglu inside it. I've done this and my Eglu is also on a raised stand so I don't have to bend down anymore to clean it out :wink: ! Much better!!

I find the Eglu a bit heavy to move on my own (at the moment I have 1 extension converter in addition to the standard run) so I remove the Glugs and Grubs and take the top off the Eglu itself and then drag it. I find the skirt bit often kinks because of the bumpy lawn so I give it a bit of a shake and it eventualy sorts itself out.

Whilst I am doing this the girls are dancing around my ankles and generally getting in the way.

Husband and 2 strapping sons absolutely no use at all.

Husband and 2 strapping sons absolutely no use at all.

Although my sons are a bit young to be classed as 'strapping', i can sympathise.

Chookiehubboe and the boys usually stand at the kitchen door shouting 'you've got a bit caught in the hedge....left a bit.....back-up a bit.....watch for the cat.....', while I struggle around the garden.

:roll::roll::roll::roll: