Lapinou Posted June 5, 2008 Share Posted June 5, 2008 Ours hasn't arrived yet, so I can't speak for how good it looks in the flesh, but we chose our purple eglu by family vote. There are 4 people in our family who know their colours so we started by saying 'everyone pick three colours' and tallied them up. Then the three colours that ended up having equally high tallies, we said 'choose your two favourite' and purple came up on top Both older DDs wanted pink but we're expecting another baby that may or may not be a boy and may or may not grow up fairly miffed that he has to live with a pink eglu, so we did veto that one from the start Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted June 5, 2008 Share Posted June 5, 2008 Purple is I had a green one, and to be honest *ducks for cover as she offends green eglu-owners everywhere* it was rather boring! As someone else has said, a funky design like the Eglu deserves to be in a bright colour. And my purple Cube which has replaced the purple Eglu I started with, is a perfect match when the Jackmanii clematis comes out, any day now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 We have two of the early, original, bright green and I love them.........I'm not so keen oin the current green I love my Pink/Purple combo......... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 Purple would have been my first choice but I got a reconditioned one where the choice is limited and chose blue. I really like it (but would still go for purple if there was a next time!) Note the plastidipped bars . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 BLUE! I love my blue eglu, looks very Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gallina Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 I would love a dark green -- I didn't go for the green on offer because is too pale. Blue is good: I think I might like it more than Purple (again, I wish the urple was just a bit darker). But there isn't any colour I don't like, except the short-lived chocolate one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lorax Posted June 6, 2008 Author Share Posted June 6, 2008 Hmm. So it's a bit of a race between orange and purple at the moment. Also please someone tell me what plastidip is? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chuck Morris Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 Hmm. So it's a bit of a race between orange and purple at the moment. Also please someone tell me what plastidip is? Found a link to it here: http://www.plastidip.co.uk/index2.cfm?page=products&prodId=1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 Hmm. So it's a bit of a race between orange and purple at the moment. Also please someone tell me what plastidip is? You can use the paint or a spray paint. The paint is quite messy to apply, I've heard, but you do get more paint for the £8. I used the 311ml aerosol spray can - you need a well ventilated space with nothing around you (or it'll have a lovely blue spotty effect ). One can does two coats on one set of bars. It is quite pricey I suppose but I was all henthusiastic at the beginning and suppose I liked the idea of matching bars . I don't really see any difference between cleaning the painted and unpainted sets but maybe they'll last longer - time will tell . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 I don't have an Eglu yet, so I am in the same position as you... All the colours are nice, but for me to live with it everyday, it would have to be either the Blue or Purple Eglu. I don't think the colour really effects the resale value, they all seem to be selling like hot cakes and sometimes for more than the price of a brand new one! I simply can't decide which I like best though without physically seeing them and how they compare when they fade in the future... Hmm perhaps I should just get both? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jules. Posted June 6, 2008 Share Posted June 6, 2008 My eglu was from ebay- I didn't what colour, I was just looking for a good price. I chose purple for my cube, much to the annnoyance of the 3 males in my household ( who suppoort Everton & Wigan Athletic ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
hils78 Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 How about eliminating colours that you 'don't' like then seeing what your have left to play with. I always said I would have pink because my DD5 loveD pink for a v long time. Now she's decided pink is for little girls and much prefers red & blue! I might put a suggestion into Omlet HQ to see if they will do a multi colour eglu using the last bits of the diffent colours like you see in the moulded suitcases....now that would be my 1st & only choice if they did that! bring it on! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sarah 2 Posted June 9, 2008 Share Posted June 9, 2008 Choose purple you'll love it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ardene5 Posted June 10, 2008 Share Posted June 10, 2008 Hello We have purple for both as they look nice near to the flowers in the garden but it is our choice. Why not ask Omlet if they do a mutli coloured cube then you could have a purple roof, a red side panel, a orange side panel, a green door, pink steps or any other combination you could think of you might even start a new trend. It just a thought. Hope you get the colour you want. Best regards Ian & Valerie William & Harry 5 ex battery hens plus 3 ducklings Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lorax Posted June 10, 2008 Author Share Posted June 10, 2008 Thanks so much everyone. I think I've decided to go for a wooden chicken house instead. Only joking!!! I think I'm going to go for the purple. OMG the thought of a multi coloured one makes me get dizzy...not for me but I hope Omlet do one for those of you out there who want to trip. Thanks again, I really appreciate everyone taking the time. It's hardly stop the world stuff. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
robin72 Posted May 22, 2020 Share Posted May 22, 2020 I have contacted Omlet and they have failed to answer my question ! I asked why you stop selling famous colours like years ago but now only 2 choice. I remembered we had Orange , Red, Green, Pink and Purple. But now only Green and Purple. So it made me think well is this company going downhill ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cat tails Posted May 22, 2020 Share Posted May 22, 2020 They have gone back to two colours only for quite a number of years now. When I bought my Go Up in 2014, there were only two colours. So it has nothing to do with going downhill. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
eggysoldiers Posted May 22, 2020 Share Posted May 22, 2020 I got purple! Love it, but really would have liked one of the limited editions or more unusual colours that they used to do. Go for a colour, you won’t regret it - green doesn’t blend in as it’s still an unatural shape, might as well embrace it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...