ajm200 Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 (edited) I've just heard about a half price offer on some styles of MBT at this site http://www.milletsports.co.uk/search.php?Search=mbt I've never used the site myself so have no idea what their customer service is like. I know there's been a lot of talk on here about fitflops and MBTs recently so I though some of you might like to know about this. I like the idea of MBTs but can't justify the cost (even half price) or find a style that I like. Most of the women's ones remind me of the shoes my gran wore in the 70's. The trainer styles are out as I've promised not to wear trainers all time as I've not been out of them much in the past year and hubby complained that I never wear anything girlie Edited June 12, 2008 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 I love my MBT'S and the cost was negligable for me. As I lost the weight my posture changed badly and I was seriously suffering with my back. I couldn't sit, stand, drive etc without being in a lot of pain. It was Chiropractor time unless I could do anything. I bought the MBT's and after wearing them for a few days my posture was so much better my back stopped hurting! They were worth every penny and I still wear them a lot or I wear high heels which also force me to walk better. I do want some more though, trouble is mine are the trainer type ones and on a hot day my feet roast! Mum has the opposite problem, hers are the sandal ones and she texted me from Norway to tell me her feet were freezing! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ajm200 Posted June 12, 2008 Author Share Posted June 12, 2008 Should have mentioned that the store is in N. london and you can't buy MBTs online Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 I find my sandal MBTs far comfier than the trainer style ones. I even go running in them in preference to the covered ones. As they were free, I can't really grumble Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 BUT you can buy over the phone. I just did (has anyone seen Prudence??) They had the blue sandal ones for a VERY reasonable price and it was blue I was after - actually I was watching some on Ebay! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 Put that credit card down Pengy and walk away from the phone..... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surferdog Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 BUT you can buy over the phone. I just did (has anyone seen Prudence??) They had the blue sandal ones for a VERY reasonable price and it was blue I was after - actually I was watching some on Ebay! I love the justification - that's always my excuse - I've actually saved money by buying it! If a marketing person got on here they'd have a field day! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
redfrock Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 I had no idea they were so expensive Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 I really was after the sandals. I wear the "shoes" as much as I can but I can't get trousers to fit at the moment so I can't wear them for work. The sandals I can, and I needed blue shoes to go with a couple of blue outfits I've been wearing. Already priced them in the US as no cheaper so was looking at Ebay as wanted them for less than £100. Thought about the cheaper fitflops but reading Clarets assessement as not such a good workout I decided against them. Anyway I'm off to the gym now, in my MBT's! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
BarbaraJ Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 £100 for a pair of shoes goodness me!! lol i thought 40 was expensive ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 Check your posture Pengy!! If you're standing properly they'll give you an exhausting workout. Sorry *takes personal trainer hat off* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 Oh they give me the workout. Mind you I just overdid it on the weights and pulled my back. Hot tub therapy methinks... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shirl Posted June 12, 2008 Share Posted June 12, 2008 I could be tempted because it was raining today and my feet got wet in my fitflops Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted June 13, 2008 Share Posted June 13, 2008 Having seen them they remind me of the 'anti-shoe' shoes you can buy that I've seen advertised quite a lot recently. I wonder if the 'anti-shoes' are any cheaper? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mutrix Farmers Posted June 16, 2008 Share Posted June 16, 2008 Having seen them they remind me of the 'anti-shoe' shoes you can buy that I've seen advertised quite a lot recently. I wonder if the 'anti-shoes' are any cheaper? Didn't realise MBTs were sooooo expensive!! I saw the "anti shoe" advertised on the Underground at the weekend but there was no price. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted June 16, 2008 Share Posted June 16, 2008 They arrived today. Not the most stylish sandal I own but I will wear them to the gym, out with jeans and for yomping around my classroom. Mind you I can't wear them at the moment, I have a bite on my ankle that is very sore and the strap on these (and about half of my other shoes!) is cutting into the swollen part. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...