Chickvic Posted June 18, 2008 Share Posted June 18, 2008 sorry to hear your news Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moomin Posted June 18, 2008 Share Posted June 18, 2008 maybe one day when you feel better you will get another little pekin chick or maybe 2, in memory of babs, I know they'll never be the same but they will have little characters all of their own. so sorry for your loss. X Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
susanbb Posted June 18, 2008 Share Posted June 18, 2008 Lewis, just so sorry to hear about Babs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted June 18, 2008 Share Posted June 18, 2008 I replied to your other post lewis, but I thought id post on here too. Babs was such a special little chook you are bound to be upset. When I see that video of her running across the lawn it really makes me smile. You have some lovely memories of her. It must have been a shock for you, but isnt it weird that you were home today (as you'd normally be at school), it was nice you were there with her. So sorry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Beauty-Box Posted June 18, 2008 Share Posted June 18, 2008 Sorry to read your bad news about Babs, she looked like a real character. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 Hi everyone, I was feeling a bit better but I've just started thinking about her and I'm never going to see her again. It was a massive shock. I keep looking out the window at her hutch, and expecting her to be there. It will take a few weeks to get used to having no babs around the house. Thanks for all your support. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 It'll take a while for you to stop looking for her, Lewis . It's a horrible feeling when you realise that she's not there anymore. I went out and collected as many of Clarry's feathers as I could find after she died and that was kind of comforting as I still had something which had belonged to her. We've put them in a picture frame with a photo of her as a keepsake so I still see her every day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted June 19, 2008 Author Share Posted June 19, 2008 We have feathers from her moult last year, it sounds like a good idea. I may use her pink leg ring aswell. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted June 19, 2008 Share Posted June 19, 2008 You've also got that lovely video of her. It'll feel sad watching it at first but you'll watch with a smile to see her running around in the garden when you don't hurt so much. I took a video of Clarry the day before she died and couldn't watch it for weeks afterwards but it's lovely to watch now, a few months later as she was such a sweetheart. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...