buffie

A bunny forum?

I've just seen the Rabbit Eglu, mighty fine!! 8) As a recent Eglu purchaser have I got the new and improved???

Anyway Will the club be joint bunny and chicken or will there be a seperate club or not one, as bunnies are a more conventional pet??

Just wondered,

Bx

I wonder if the bunny forum will be totally separate to this forum or not - could be a bit embarassing if the new bunny keepers read my posts about eating bunnys :oops:

Won't bunny people be more like normal people and think we are all totally bonkers?

Should we give the bunny guys access to our chicken forum? Should Kate or I do a clean up job and delete all posts with references to bunny casserole?

Won't they get a bit jealous reading about eggs all the time?

I think they'll be seperate, or will the omlet guys think they'll hook the bunny owners into having chickens, afetr they peep into our world and see all the fun we have. There is a lot of excitement learning about them. :P

I used to have rabbits, I loved them very much but you don't have the same relationship. Chickens respond and show they need you and , am I crazy, seem to like our company. Henry now thinks he is a chicken, dustbathes and drinks froma drinker!!! :lol::lol::lol:

bx :)

I think we should all be on the same forum but with a way of differentiating.If they cant recognise a bunny pie joke then they are sad people and maybe they can be converted to chicken lovers. Hens are certainly more responsive and friendly. I used to have a rabbit who lived with my hens and he loved them too much and was bonking them every daylight hour - luckily I had half a dozen hens and they shared him! They never minded, I am not sure they even noticed! In the end it got embarrassing and I took him to the vet to get him done. The vet was highly amused and the rabbit and the hens lived happily ever after (until the end). They used to groom each other and in the evening the rabbit snuggled down inbetween two hens - he had his own feather duvet with built in heating! :D

Bunnies and Chicks!! I like being a chick sounds cute and dare I say a little sexy!

God I will be struck off for saying B*m and sexy in one day!! :lol::lol:

Still think we'll be seperate!! People will be trying to check the bunnies vents and all sorts. It could be very confusing.

Bx :lol:

We've kept rabbits for the past 10 years. We have one at the moment, Jasper. He just loves my girls.

And anybody that says rabbits aren't as responsive as chickens haven't met mine. Jasper comes running whenever we enter the garden. He is very fond of my husband. He only has to hear his voice and he comes running. He dances for us. Yes he truely dances around our feet before looking up for a stroke. I love my chickens but I love rabbits just as much. I'm posting a few concerns about the rabbit eglu in another area-look out for it and let me know what you think.

Looks like the bunny forum is already here. Logged on this evening and found rabbit & duck forums added on the end. Such a worry, I already spend quite enough time catching up on chickens, gardens and nesting box chatter. But as a rabbit owner (even if he is in a very non-stylish old-fashioned hutch) rather than an rabbit eglu I'm sure that nosiness will propel me into checking that one out too.

Of course it will all be in the name of research, I'd love an orange or pink rabbit eglu, but it's just too expensive for us right now. Maybe feedback fro satisfied rabbit eglu owners will be able to persuade hubby that it is worth the money after all. Here's hoping :)

Will there be new emoticons too, rabbit & duck shaped ones, and funky pink, blue & orange eglu's?

Kate A (green eglu)

Sage PP

Onion GNR

No, it definitely won't be me doing the bunny forum. I'm still a bit concerned about having a bunny fatwa placed on me when they read some of my culinary comments on bunnies :oops::oops:

Actually I have kept rabbits in the past - purely as pets and only one at a time. I'll try and find the photo of me, as a teenager, taking a dutch rabbit for a walk with the harness I made specially for it. If I can track it down I'll add it to the album. Is anyone else unable to access the album at the moment - I'm assuming it is temporary and to do with all the website changes.