AJuff

Xeno 200

If I want to spray hens with Xeno 200 as a lice treatment then there is an egg withdrawl period of 1 week.

I have the option to separate the six into the eglu run and walk in run. Would I be able to treat three together then four days later spray the other threee so that I only loose half the eggs at a time? They would be separated by the end of the eglu run. :?

When the first three were finished their treatment could they all go back in together? I know who lays which eggs and could select? Would there be any problem with reinfestation?

Good idea to split them. The active ingredient of Xeno is Ivermectin - like with Ivomec Eprinex, so it enters the blood stream and kills the lice that way, so the chance of cross-infection is low.

Vets recommend a week's withdrawal of eggs when using Ivermectin, you can scarmble the eggs and feed them back to the chooks. Ivermectin is used on humans in some third world countries, so isn't toxic to us, but it's best to avoid ingestion if your're very young, old or pregnant. At least you'd be worm and lice free if you do get some on your skin :lol:

really strange but my vet has said egg withdrawal on Xeno 200 is 2 weeks from last treatment... and a course of 3 doses 2 weeks appart. I guess she is being cautious but I'd hate others to be using eggs too soon... or us to be wasting eggs... anybody shed any light... 1 week or 2 weeks withdrawal?

It's definately 1 week egg withdrawl. There was no information on the Xeno 200 pack so I rang Genitrex about egg withdrawl and they confirmed it was 1 week only. As they make the stuff I'll take their word for it. :D

Because of the way Xeno 200 works I would suggest spraying two hens then two days later another two and so on until they were all sprayed. That way you would not have the 'no egg' problem. As long as you recognise who lays which egg and you can remove them then I don't see a problem. :D