Jewels Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Well I've finally done it after going on a great omlet chicken course, reading many many posts on here and ordering and then emptying my basket again I have now ordered a green cube and three chickens! I am waiting for my phone call from Omlet in the next couple of days to tell me my delivery date hope it won't be too long until I have my girls. Next thing is choosing names, may even dig out my old baby name book (my husband raising eyebrows when I suggest this lol). Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Tilytinkle Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 GET EXCITED . . .. countdown starts now . .. Ms Tillysayscongratulationsandcelebrationshopeyoudont getthecoldfeetdilemmaandcanceltwoorthreetimesbeforefinallysurrenderingyourlife&lovetochickens tee heee Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Congratulations. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daisymay Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 How exciting....enjoy your girls when they arrive. I had 3 chickens 8 weeks ago but as you will notice from my signature they are so much fun and very addictive...... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jewels Posted June 29, 2008 Author Share Posted June 29, 2008 Should I put wood chippings or bark chippings down in their run? Read it was supposed to be bark chippings but someone else had said untreated wood chippings is better? Where do you buy Auboise? And will they need extra grit if there is grit in the omlet food anyway? Also what about their dust bath, was going to make one for them washing up bowl but not sure what to put in it. Thanks all for the welcome. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Butty Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Hi and welcome I got my chooks on Thursday. They are wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been to collect Hemcore today (alternative to Aubiose) went on Ask and put in search got list of local stockists (mostly tack shops as it is used for horse bedding). Hemcore much cheaper than Aubiose. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 welcome to the forum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Go ahead - it is worth the wait. You will probably be really nervous on the day but their feathers are so soft and the antics are really funny. It is the second night here, so after they have gone to bed (hopefully they will go on their own again) we will have a touchy feely session when they are half asleep. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...