Earthchild

1 day to go - They're here (Pic's)

Cube is arriving between 7:30 and 9:30 in the morning :shock::D

Just been to my local market to get all the last bits and bob's I think I need so I think I have everything covered :?

From Omlet:

Cube

4 Chooks

1 bag of Feed

Garlic Powder

25m Netting

Extra Run Frame (for conversion)

Other stuff:

Ikea Shower curtain

Plastic lawn edging & Ties

Bedding

Velcro & Metal clips (to secure flap conversion)

Mealworms (800gms for £13 on local market - I thought that was quiet cheap)

Couldn't find a metal bin to keep the pellets in, so will have to keep looking!

Have I got everything I need for now? :oops:

I will be adding a 1m extension in about a month and will get Grit, Bokashi, VerminX then - will this be ok or will I need any of these before that?

Ohhhhh starting to panic now :?

Edited by Guest

i can't believe it was only I week ago that this was me, I didn't sleep for the whole week, basically the only things i have used this week have been food (actually thats it).

get a rake to clean the run out and do the conversion asap, I belly crawled through the door a few time but it is a bit gross.

How many chooks you getting, do they have names yet, can we have pics.

Hi Electribarbarella,

I am hoping to do the conversion as the Omlet man is putting it together - that is unless he gets feed up with me getting in the way and chases me off with a big stick :oops:

We are having 4 girlies and think they are going to be called Buckbeak, Aragog, Crookshanks and Mrs Norris (all animal names from Harry potter) but we are still arguing as my son wants WWE Wrestler names, my daughter still wants to name them after her Brats dolls, and my hubby thinks they should be named after the A Team :roll:

PIC'S :shock::shock::shock: Need to get batteries for camera :D

I would suggest getting grit straight away as should be on offer all the time..

I've had my chooks a week now ... and when I offered grit they just stuffed themselves and then kicked over the container. What a mess.

So I bought a clip-on-container-stainless steel container from the local Pet Supermarket and a 25kg of chook grit for £12 the lot.

Now if I shake the chickens they rattle.

I would suggest getting grit straight away as should be on offer all the time..

I've had my chooks a week now ... and when I offered grit they just stuffed themselves and then kicked over the container. What a mess.

So I bought a clip-on-container-stainless steel container from the local Pet Supermarket and a 25kg of chook grit for £12 the lot.

Now if I shake the chickens they rattle.

:lol::lol: mine seem to go through stages of rattling.. then ignoring it for a few days..

I also use a clip on pot.. called a gallery pot from Flytesofancy.. btight colours and very cheap!

They are here :D:D:D

Sorry for the delay, but they are so mesmerising :shock:

Me and the dog have just been sat there watching them for hours LOL.

The Pepperpot's are great, but boy those Gingernut's are literally NUTS - one of them ran straight in the coop and wouldn't come out, the other has been pacing up and down like something demented (I think she wants to come out and play)

Anyway, here they are (fingers crossed this works)

s.jpg

You can just about see a little bit of the shy gingernut in the corner of the cube.