WitchHazel

"off her legs" - any ideas please?

Hi

Jasmine, my 16 week old Welsummer is "off her legs" ( think that's the right expression).

She's just had her first dust bathe, and now she's having trouble standing up, she epps trying and then sort of rolling over.

I've no idea what this is likely to be, can you help please?

It seems the thing to have at the moment

Our cream legbar is off her feet at the moment. Very puzzled why she is though

We are having to make sure she has food and water within reach as she cannot move very far, she can only shuffle a teeny bit

Taken her to the vet and called the breeder that she came from for advice

Vet didn't know and the breeder said to try apple cider vinegar in her water

She is very happy though so will persevere for a bit longer maybe another week and if no better or she begins to show other symptoms then gave it another think

:(

Best wishes to Jasmine

Sorry to hear about your cream legbar, Debs

I phoned the Breeder for advice. She said it sounded like she wasn't getting the right nutrition, maybe through worms or pests.

So, I've started Flubenvet today (I was going to do it next week anyway), and I've got some invermectin coming from the Vet's tomorrow. They have (and eat plenty of) oyster shell and grit, they are on organic growers pellets, and they have been eating plenty. I'm reluctant to start adding limestone flour as they are only Litlees still, and they are no where near laying age.

She seems as right as rain at the moment. I'll obviously keep an eye on her, and we've started to weigh them now so we can track any changes.

Weighing them is a good idea.

We have given Sharpey some physio today and found she is able to use her wings to balance herself but her legs are very weak

Bit worried about leaving her tomorrow on her own as it is so warm, but I have to go back to work.

Fingers crossed for them all, there seems to quite a lot of this condition about at the moment :?