Fleata

Cleaning Stuff

Bin them or use them?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bin them or use them?

• Down the drain in one go
    • Use them up first

That's a difficult one Fleata as I've still got some of my nasty chemical ones sitting under the sink too! I don't want to throw them out or put them down the sink but I don't want to use them either as I love my bicarb, vinegar and borax too much! Mine will stay under the sink!

Hi Kate

Yes it was your recipe!! :D I've got tea tree and lavender in the one downstairs but I think I may make the kitchen one more lemony - keep the other for the bathrooms. Could you use the one with tea tree on the floors? I have one of those dettol easy mops which needs a refil and I don't want to buy anymore chemicals so thought I could just top the bottle up?

Or is there a better floor cleaner? :?

Mel

I use the tea tree one on the floor and it's fine and works well. I haven't used it with a mop as I keep breaking them so most of the time, I just use a spray and a cloth and go around the floors on my knees (no wonder they're a funny shape!!)

Try experimenting with your oils to get a fragrance you like. Many of the oils have antiseptic properties like lavender, thyme, pine etc so you can mix and match and still have something which will clean your house. I had a recipe for a peppermint floor cleaner which had vinegar in it but the vinegar smell was too overpowering so I tend to just use a few drops of whatever oil I fancy and a squirt of washing up liquid in a bowl of warm water now if I do a really good floor wash!

I didn't have much left to use when I changed over, what I did have was relegated to the back of the cupboard 'just in case'

The only thing i had in bulk was 2 bottles of Flash for floor cleaning. I am using it because I like the smell, but when it runs out i will be using my Enjo mop and cold water - and perhaps a little spray of the tea tree and lavender spray.

I'm in the process of changing over and jave decided to use up what I have left - as the damage is still done if the whole lot goes down the sink, particularly in one go :(

But I'm sure I'll get fed up with looking at the ones I hardly use and end up pouring them away :?

I am finding ecover products brill! I have their floor cleaner, fabric softener, laundry liquid, stain remover, washing up liquid and toilet cleaner

;)

"green people" make my toothpaste, deoderant and moisturiser

and "faith in nature" ake my shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hand soap

is there a sticky for cleaning recipes?