buffie

Chelsea, champers and chickens!!

I'm off to Chelsea this friday to the flower show, really looking forward to it, anyone ever been?

This is my first time and we're taking our mums as a thankyou for being, well our mums!

Would be so pleased if an eglu was in a garden, they have been in a show garden and I think it was Hampton Court. Wondered if they sell pet products and chicken stuff?

Hope the sun shines and the girls aren't too cross that I won't be here to give them thier afternoon snacks, have got sitters for them though!

Well cheers, chink,chink

Bx

Have fun Buffie let me know how you get on in fact I was watching the preview show last night and I think I will treat my mum to a weekend in London with the flower show next year she will love it and she does deserve it I will give it to her for her birthday but that is in January so a bit early but she won't mind!!

On another topic completely but still show related. I know for most its a long journey but are any of you going to the Royal Highland Show next month :?: The showground is next to Edinburgh airport so not too bad to get to. I will be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday but I will be working. If anyone else is going maybe we could have an omlet meet up :shock: It is an excellent agricultural show for anyone thinking about it.

[

are any of you going to the Royal Highland Show next month [

Sadly I can't make it, with trip to devon and work etc. I've got a hankering to attend agricultural shows at the moment!!

What are you doing there Louise?

Bx :)

Hi Louise

Have you got any dates or an internet link for the show?

What are you doing there?

Will they have poultry?

Edinburghs not that far from us so I might be able to make it. It's a long time since I've been to an agricultural show - I think the last time I went I came back with a rabbit!!!

Hi Jane, http://www.royalhighlandshow.org/Fingers crossed here is the link!! Yes they have poultry on the Saturday and lots of animals on various days I think there is a provisional programme on the website. I will be helping to man a stand along with some other people. Hopefully I will get some time out to have a wander. The showground is within walking distance of the airport and it is a huge place so wear good shoes anyone who thinks about it!! You can get money off if you book in advance. Thursday is farmers day and Sunday is family day but there are shows for all on all of the days. I am def there on Saturday but I may do some of Sunday as well if there aren't enough volunteers as you get your entrance paid for :roll: I don't get paid for the time but it is good fun to do the meet and greet the public :lol:

Hi Buffie

Chelsea flower show is great - although a little on the busy side!

It is normally quite easy to spot a few celebs, I took my boyfriend who is not at all into gardening, but he loved it!

Only downside - you have to stop yourself from buying too much, as it is so much hassle getting it home (boyfriend had a carry a big bit of driftwood all the way home!)

Enjoy

Jennifer

Buffie, I haven't been but friends have always been enthusiastic. 8)

The worst I've heard is the traffic & I think you have to walk a long way from parking, if thats how you're travelling. Don't know if there's anything you can do about it, but be prepared!

Sounds a great day out though, I'll get there one year. Hope you all have a great time! :D

Have a wonderful time. I am really jealous, I would love to go - maybe next year. I went to Blenheim Palace Flower Show the year before last and bought so much I thought I would not be able to get it all in the car :oops: It was good cos the car park was close. There were no chickens there but it would be an ideal place to show them.

Buffie, Meant to ask, did you have a good time at Chelsea? Presumably very hot & sunny, our 1 day of summer recently! 8)

Hope you had a great time, would you recommend it for another year? Did you come back with armfuls of plants or headful of ideas? :D:D

Hello, it was fabulous thanks! yes to headful of ideas, can't buy plants except for last day but you can get seeds. I bought some dark purple grasses with huge heads. Will post a pic if and when they germinate!!

Oh and feet and muscles ached, especially as newly inspired spent 12 hours sat and sun gardening. 37 degrees at chelsea.

It's a must and we did 5 hours not full day but we think we'd go for whole day next time as you see more gardeners etc am, leave around 3-4 and miss traffic. Saw Andy Sturgeon, gold medal winr and also fetzer wine garden gold winner. Gardens all look different in the flesh. They are smaller than you think but lovely!! trend was deep purple/blcak and white planting and loads of salvias and digitalis!! Chelsea Pensioner was deserving outright winner!

Bx

Yes, I actually love the coverage on TV, I shall go for the atmosphere and to spot celebs I think. Will watch avidly on tv and go on the friday again!!You do get great offers on garden furniture etc, so anyone looking for a new table etc that's the best place. We found a great car park near, so not too bad at all. Mikey enjoyed it and mum's did brilliantly well, we had lots of water and ice cream stops.

My one glass (ok large) of wine at lunchtime made me spin in the heat so water by the buckets!! Spent a fortune on water, if anyone goes next year take some with you. We did but it soon went. Also thought I'd mention we had an after 3.30 ticket. They do let you in earlier though!

Willpop a couple of pics on the garden section of gallery, will get Mikey to help!!

Loads of chicken garden sculptures etc, no real ones, so chickens are very in!

Lesiurely lunch and stay till 8pm. The drive home isn't busy then!

Bx :)