Janey4 Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 And I cant wait!! Im becoming completey chicken obsessed and feel it is much more of a cost effective obbsession than my horses!!! Hopefully have a delivery of bits and bobs coming tomorrow from Omlet and run is well on its way, just need a drinker, feeder and some layers mash and bedding and then im all set up!! whhhooooo hoooooo!!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
buffie Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 I remember that feeling. I had a bag of feed in the shed ages before we got the girls Still feel excited everyday, they are so good to wake up to...enjoy Buffie x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daj198 Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 It's like the run up to Christmas as a small child X 10 ! Enjoy them Have they invaded your dreams yet? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janey4 Posted August 6, 2008 Author Share Posted August 6, 2008 It's like the run up to Christmas as a small child X 10 ! Enjoy them Have they invaded your dreams yet? Yes I am indeed dreaming about chickens!!!! I really, really cant wait to give them a lovley life for as lomg as they live.....just keep thinking about 'my girls' where ever they are at the min and that soon they are going to be free and fussed over with the run of my garden.....I just cant wait!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 Have you chosen names? That will pass a bit of time. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 Congratulations - how exciting . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janey4 Posted August 6, 2008 Author Share Posted August 6, 2008 Have you chosen names? That will pass a bit of time. Yes we have!! Maureen -Mums hen Gemma -Sisters hen Fifi Trixibelle or Princess Tiaamii -My hen These are just provisional names tho -depends on what they 'look' like!! Im just looking on the web for feeders and drinkers now! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 That's great news Janey Are you getting them from Adele? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janey4 Posted August 6, 2008 Author Share Posted August 6, 2008 That's great news Janey Are you getting them from Adele? Yes I am! Have got my directions today and I can barely contain myself!! I think everyone at work is sick of my chicken talk already! I cant stop looking at chicken websites etc -infact just trying to decide what feeders/drinkers to get my new girlies!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 6, 2008 Share Posted August 6, 2008 That's great news Janey Are you getting them from Adele? Yes I am! Have got my directions today and I can barely contain myself!! I think everyone at work is sick of my chicken talk already! I cant stop looking at chicken websites etc -infact just trying to decide what feeders/drinkers to get my new girlies!! Ooooh, I hope you realise it won't stop when you get them -lol Have you an eglu or a wooden coop? I've got the red 3l drinker like this http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/poultry_drinkers.htm but also a glug and grub in pink as I wanted something in pink -lol. Where are you in the NW. I'm on the Fylde Coast (sorry being nosey ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janey4 Posted August 7, 2008 Author Share Posted August 7, 2008 Im just outside Warrington. Its a wooden coop as my mum wanted it to fit in with her cottage garden, but I too am tempted to get a pink grub and/or glug, just because its pink! Have also phoned Adele this morning to say we would like one more hen, so now its four girls coming for a life of luxery!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted August 7, 2008 Share Posted August 7, 2008 Im just outside Warrington. Its a wooden coop as my mum wanted it to fit in with her cottage garden, but I too am tempted to get a pink grub and/or glug, just because its pink! Have also phoned Adele this morning to say we would like one more hen, so now its four girls coming for a life of luxery!! LOL's, we went from 3 to 4 to 5 to 6 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dancing cloud Posted August 7, 2008 Share Posted August 7, 2008 I also went from 4 to 6 because it was a big rescue and there were some leftovers Prepare to be addicted from the outset, to rarely see your telly again, to not necessarily have the cleanest house on the street, and to be one of the happiest people around Lucky girls coming your way very soon ... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
HENthusiastic Posted August 7, 2008 Share Posted August 7, 2008 You had better change your signature to add your extra hen! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janey4 Posted August 7, 2008 Author Share Posted August 7, 2008 You had better change your signature to add your extra hen! ha ha!! Will do it now!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FruitandNutCake Posted August 7, 2008 Share Posted August 7, 2008 I could only think of 3 names at first, but as soon as I saw my baldy, I called her Sinead - after Sinead O'Conner in her video "Nothing compares to you"! I would have got more if I had another separate run. I was dreaming of chickens for ages before I got got them! It's such an amazing experience watching them change in appearance and growing confidence. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...