Guest Poet

please help, urgent advice!

we have just finished a 7 day course of flubenvetting the girls but shalott keeps shaking her and she is gasping for breath slightly today. She keeps opening her beak slightly and I can see the sides of her face being sucked in as she breathes, like she's struggling to breathe!?

she's also very depressed looking and keeps shaking her head.

all the symptons of gapeworm but we only finished worming them on saturday!

what do you think might be wrong with her?

she's very flighty and doesn't like to held but Ian just got hold of her and I looked down her windpipe to see if I could see anything (apparently you can see gapeworms this way) but couldn't see anything.

her breathing didn't sound wheezy.

just given them some probiotic yoghurt to see if that perks her up. she has eaten and drunk today but perhaps not much as her crop seems empty :?

she just did quite a runny white poo aswell.

she hasn't laid for a good long time so could it still be peritonitis?

if she's still this t'row I think we'll have to take her to the vets, I really don't know what's wrong with her.

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but one of mine (Willow) has been ill at the end of a course of Flubenvet with very simular symptoms. She had runny poos for a couple of days and then was very ill yesterday (see post in chicken clinic) I did wonder if it could have been the Flubenvet that effected her as they have all just had a double dose for gapeworm. The other two were absolutely fine though.

I would be interested if anyone else on here has seen these syptoms after a course of Flubenvet. I think it's great stuff, (I don't want to put anyone off) but I'm just wondering if it causes problems to a few chickens??

Willow is back to her normal self today!!

do you have any avipro? its very good for perking up an under the weather chook.

Our Ella has sterlie peronitis, when she suffers her bouts she breaths heavily only when lied down as she is lying on the fluid, her comb goes dark, she doesnt lay during these episodes either. She has her bad spates every so often, but at the moment is perky and laying.

Hope she gets well soon :wink:

I had to go to the hospital to visit my dad but both Mariana and Shalott were looking the same before I left, the other 2 were fine.

Mariana went to bed early, Ian said Shalott still looked poorly but had some meal worms. Mariana was fine all day until the afternoon.

I wonder if it could be the flubenvet?

We'll just have to see how they are tomorrow, fingers x'd! :?

I hate it when my little girls are poorly, it's hard to actually diagnose what's wrong with them and I hate putting them thru the stress of the vets.

Not much we can do til the morning now :?