purple hen

What are they for?

They're search bots.

What they do is galavant all over the world wide web for anything intresting for use in their relevant search engines.Try Googling the words 'Omlet' 'worming' 'eggs' and the links you will be given will take you here.

I know i am showing my ignorance, but can somebody tell me what the yahoo and google bots at the bottom of the page are all about.

Val

I can't even find these things you are talking about. Mind you, I'm not too fussed - why do things have to be made more complicated. I like televisions with buttons - remote controls just make it difficult. Same with computers - I want a programme that does what I want it to do. I don't need all the extras that people actually never use.

same with mobile phones - phones make telephone calls. They don't need to take photos, pick up emails etc.

Grumble grumble

I know i am showing my ignorance, but can somebody tell me what the yahoo and google bots at the bottom of the page are all about.

Val

I can't even find these things you are talking about. Mind you, I'm not too fussed - why do things have to be made more complicated. I like televisions with buttons - remote controls just make it difficult. Same with computers - I want a programme that does what I want it to do. I don't need all the extras that people actually never use.

same with mobile phones - phones make telephone calls. They don't need to take photos, pick up emails etc.

Grumble grumble

Surely if it wasn't for googlebots, then google wouldn't work??