deejmum

Help I think my cat is rejecting a kitten- all ok now

i would just watch and see for a short while..(...when our beloved cat Lily RIP had her last set of kittens, she ignored one for a while, but then started to wash it...but she only had four that time...the previous time had had 6..

and after each set she was pretty exhusted...)

...but if she does seem to be ignoring the kitten,and you say its been an hour.. put it a little closer to her to get her to wash it...but keep and eye on her if at all possible..

best of luck

She may just be exhausted and not that interested. Last time Evie had kittens she wasn't all that interested in the last one, and we cleaned him up for her and hooked him onto a nipple. They don't really need to feed for a good few hours (even up to a day) after they're born, although most of them do. You can attempt to get it to latch onto a nipple if she'll let you. I've PM'd you my number, if you think kitten is not feeding and is being actively discouraged by mum or ignored, I've got a queen with spare milk going who could foster him, but it's far better for him to stay with real mum, who will have lots of lovely immunity going.