Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 I'm not aware of people using it as 'blowing a raspberry'. That would seem rather rude, and I will have to go back and re-read all those occasions when I thought the face looked like someone was really excited about something. If you're right, I will now know that people are actually saying 'yah, boo, sucks to you', which would put a very different angle on things. I still don't think the face looks like someone being rude. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Well of course it's rude - but not in a nasty way. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 I hope it's not rude Graham - I get plenty from you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Well, if you lok at the bb text for it, it is a tongue poking out. : P Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Furry muff (as they say) I don't doubt it, I know 'razz' as both definitions, just in different contexts. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Furry muff (as they say) now that's something else altogether - and we shouldn't go there.... Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chocchick Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 I'm not aware of people using it as 'blowing a raspberry'. That would seem rather rude, and I will have to go back and re-read all those occasions when I thought the face looked like someone was really excited about something. If you're right, I will now know that people are actually saying 'yah, boo, sucks to you', which would put a very different angle on things. I still don't think the face looks like someone being rude. I think people have used it differently, it took me AGES to work out (and ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
theherd123 Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Furry muff (as they say) I don't doubt it, I know 'razz' as both definitions, just in different contexts. Who says Furry muff????? I cant type for laughing!!! That means something totally different from where im from!!! Im so horrified and laughing so much i need the loo! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 A couple of people I know say that and it makes me laugh every time - yup, the double entendre is intended, but clean enough Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 My pointer is moving dangerously close to the 'Report' button.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 we prefer the phrase "fairy nuff" which has none of claret's naughty double-entendres... Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Me? Naughty?? Never Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 Me?Naughty?? Never grd says his pointer is moving.... (err....) Phil Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Budgies Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 a-hem, back on topic to razz is to TEASE! Prefer most of the other definitions though.... Sue Budgie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 :lol:I'm glad you asked about Razz For over a year I used it as "Yay, Let's Party! How Exciting!" Excited can be a facial expression, and that's what I thought it was. I've no idea what the |BB text is that Grd refers to... Then, a few weeks ago, someone used it for sticking out tongue, & told me it was a raspberry blowing symbol. So, sorry about a year's worth of posts where I blew a raspberry but thought I was just excited! I prefer the latter definition, it's really useful, whereas the other one isn't. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 12, 2006 Share Posted July 12, 2006 *Edited to remove the petty bickering about blumming emoticons.... Now can we please all BEHAVE like the grown ups we are....* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kannie Posted July 13, 2006 Author Share Posted July 13, 2006 What?! What did I miss? Was it something I said???? Everything was OK last time I looked........ Never started a thread thats been chopped before Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guest Posted July 13, 2006 Share Posted July 13, 2006 Shona moderated the topic because "certain people" were getting upset by MY use of . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted July 13, 2006 Share Posted July 13, 2006 Nothing you said Christine. Don't worry . Play nicely please everyone ! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...