lulu

new owner

hi everyone im new to the forum. got our eglu 2 days ago now and the chicks are settling in nicely and are becoming something of celebrities on our road, now all we have to think of is some names and hope to come up with some as imadginative as some on here...

Hello and welcome to the forum. You'll make lots of great chicken friends here. I have. This forum is the best, everyone has been very supportive. Have fun choosing names. What chickens have you gone for?

I did think about calling one of my girls Lulu as it is my husbands nickname for me(don't ask) but thought it might get a bit confusing. The name Hetty just came to me but I took one look at my Miss Pepperpot and thought how like a french aristocrat she looked and so I gave her the name Matilde(to be said in afrench accent!!

hiya,

i went for one pepperpot and two rangers. the pepperpot is now called Raisin and the rangers called Belina and Tubs (because of her ample size! :lol: ) we got two rangers because i thought they were going to be the most friendliest but Raisin is alot more outgoing and is the easiest to pick up.

Tubs is a little madam :lol: i think she must be the boss as i've seen her pecking the others in particular poor Raisin and she is nearly impossible to pick and if you do she makes such a fuss! does anyone else have this with one of their chicks?

:lol: Hey!!

Lovely names for your three! My pepperpot was very easy to pick up at first but after her broody stage, she's been a lot my flighty and tricky to handle. I'm gradually building her up again and she's just a pain to catch sometimes, but once you've got her then she doesn't make a fuss. My ranger, Florecne, is the best. I often sit in the garden with her and she'll just sit on my lap for quite a while, making little clucky noises and lookign around :roll::D The more you handle them, the better behaved they'll become!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but which part of Herts are you in? I'm in Herts too 8)

Oh and very quickly.... I'VE JUST FINISHED ALL MY EXAMS 8):D:D:D 10 WEEKS OF SUMMER YAY