tara

my mother dose not like the chickens

When my mother visits she keeps saying the chickens should not come in the house.Im really getting fed up with it. We have all laminate flooring as its what we like for hygine reasons we have a lab and so its easyer to keep clean.Any way the chickens some times walk in and yes they do leave a little present behind some times.But if they do its cleaned up straight away as l wont leave poo even dog poo in the garden gets cleared up straight away.She keaps saying that there ugly and there farm animals but she gose on about it the hole time shes here and says they should not be in as there dirty animals.The other day she said (at least u dont have to go out and pick poo up out side so in other words they poo in my house all the time) When they do come in they hardly laeve any thing as she seen it a coulpe of times she thinks thats all they do.Its really getting to me.She just thinks there farm animals l have tryed showing her the omlet site but she just shuts her eyes. So sorry to have gone on

(green eglu)(Bluebelle)(white chicken)PP!egg!!egg!!egg!

Hey - it's your house and if you want your chooks to come in then that's up to you. I suggest you tell your Mum that if she really isn't happy with the way you allow your pets to become part of your home then perhaps it's best that you visit her, rather than the other way around.

You must remember that some people just don't care for pets however you package it - and your Mum may be one of those people. :roll:

I don't care for dogs,but I certainly wouldn't go to someones home & tell them that I thought their dog was horrid & dirty :shock:

You are old enough & sensible enough to make your own decisions & live your own life.

You hang in their Tara - don't let her ill informed remarks get you down - WE ARE ALL ON YOUR SIDE :P:P:P

Your comments are all lovely.You are all right and l would never tell her about her dog hair all over the kitchen floor but it feels very tempting.Thankyou all for lovely support its nice to know that im not a bad person for letting them in.As for the eggs shes not really a lover of eggs any way.She also keeps going on about bird flu but l told her that her cats and dog can get it then that shut her up.aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

(green eglu)

(Bluebelle) bluebell

(white chicken) ruby

PP marmalaid

my sister is the same, I got my chickens 2 weeks ago and she and her 2 kids came to visit - her responses

"oh - arent they ugly"

"oh - they dont look like normal chickens" (at 6 weeks old)

"oh they dont appeal to me"

I said "thanks a lot - do I say that about your kids?!!" (jokingly)

she took the hint and is coming around a little now saying

"oh - I suppose its no different than having an aviary in your garden"

I wont having anyone insulting my girls !! :lol:

It drives you mad when people say things like that.Afder all its not there house.If l say any thing to my mother over her comments she will just stop talking to me so l have to let it go over my head.The only prob is its driving me mad.I like the fact that they feel comfortable in our home they must trust us.Your sisster sounds like my mother in the things she says all those little comments.I just love animals and feel they get a raw deal in life.

(green eglu)

(Bluebelle) bluebell

(white chicken) ruby

PP marmalaid

:) Quite agree, there's no need for any visitor to be rude about our chickens, and in the end it's best to not let those opinions bother us. Plenty of people here appreciate these lovely creatures. :D

But, it may be that the mother/sister are nervous too? It might be worth having a compromise, a bit like keeping a dog out of a room whist a dog fearing visitor was present. (Or wouldn't you? :lol: )

Then, encourage them to stroke the girls while you are safely holding them, and enjoy the fun of feeding them treats outside and perhaps gradually getting used to them.

If the attitude doesn't then change, I guess you won't be inviting them so often! :lol::wink: Or, as you say, let it brush past you, shut your ears to it, then come back her for a rant!

:) It might be worth having a compromise, a bit like keeping a dog out of a room whist a dog fearing visitor was present. (Or wouldn't you? :lol: )

Nope!

For those of you who have met Molly she's lovely and people know that we have a dog before they come over - my argument has always been that our dog is part of the family....and you wouldn't stick your granny out on the porch!

I wonder what people think now with the new "Beware of the Chickens" doormat!

They probably hear the dog bark, see the chickens doormat.... then shake their heads slowly fearing that everything they'd suspected about you really was true...... you've finally lost the plot :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Or are we talking about visitors who know about the pink high heels and the feather boa...... because those visitors know what a great laugh and fun personality you are :wink::D:D:D:D

They probably hear the dog bark, see the chickens doormat.... then shake their heads slowly fearing that everything they'd suspected about you really was true...... you've finally lost the plot :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yup,

they do

but hey,

I am not supermodel shaped

I am not beautiful

I am not brilliantly academic

I cant sing

Being mad is the only thing I'm good at :wink::lol:

yup,

they do

but hey,

I am not supermodel shaped

I am not beautiful

I am not brilliantly academic

I cant sing

Being mad is the only thing I'm good at :wink::lol:

That is such a lie and you know it! (Not that you're mad - we all know thats true! :wink: )

Every one is good at something including you! :D:D