Lesley

Secret Fabric Swap?

Would anyone be interested?

It won't really clash with the Secret Easter Bunny thing because it will be so much easier......

I have a big stash of fabric and am fed up with looking at it - I thought it would be nice to swap a piece with someone else and, hopefully, find some inspiration.

How about swapping just ONE metre of fabric - we can all come back and post a photo as and when we make something?

Would anyone be interested?

it will be so much easier......

No Lesley, who are you trying to kid, its really hard using fabric you haven't chosen. I like a challenge! Can I join in but I only get fat quaters so could I send 4 instead in shades of orange :D (joke about orange).

Er no I said I dont buy yards I only but in quarter yards (fat quarters to those in the know :wink: not big bums) so can I send 4 fat quarters :lol:

Sorry spelt quarters wrong. :D

Please can I join. pretty please :pray: I'll join my fat quarters together first. :D alright I'll go and buy a yard. then can I join in?

Doh didn't think of that. :roll:

Its because a yard/metre is cut in four thus + rather than in four strips across the width of the fabric. :D (you can have fat eighths and long eighths but I won't baffle you with science :lol: )

Decided to comply - now who would like a challenge with a length of leather or silk. :lol: (its alright I haven't got either :D )

If you buy 1/4 yard of fabric,you would normally get a long strip - 4 long strips would = 1 yard. A fat quarter is where the yard is cut in half lengthways, then widthways so you get a fat quarter, as opposed to a thin quarter. Is that about as clear as mud? :lol: It's a more useful shape for patchworking and crafts. :D

:doh: Sorry, I posted before I realised Plum had already replied

That's alright - I understand perfectly now :lol:

I didn't know if we were going to bother with keeping it secret? - Plum could then send whatever she wanted? I'm going to get Carl to draw all the names out and write a list - then each person will send to the next person on the list.

I don't mind whether it is secret - although it could be fun trying to decide who sent what :D

I'll wait another week to see if anyone else wants to join in and then sort out a list of names.

Right!! - I sowed the seeds.....and most of them are up now :oops: - but now I'm back :D

The list I have is........

Me

Snowy

Auntye

Vivihen

lost-sheep?

bekibutton

Plum

AMS

Craftyhunnypie added

If you're still interested would you PM me your address and I'll get Carl to make a random list and then let each one of you have an address to send fabric to.......

....and, is anyone else interested?