craven fowl

Pictures of Ruby & Betty

Hello Everyone,

Pictures of Ruby & Betty, the (11 week old) babies.

I say babies, I have two cats who are 4 and 3 years old that are still referred to as kittens!

Got the camera/computer working. Sorry the pictures are huge and not in the gallery. It has taken me hours to figure it out so far. I am not sure how to put them in the gallery yet from photobucket.com/desktop on my laptop.

Hope you like them. I will try and sort an album out.

Thanks,

Marie

PS: Welcome Cabbage Patch!

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

They are both sisters, 75% araucana and 25% maran. Their mum is a pure bred blue araucana, and their dad is a grey araucana/maran cross.

My mum-in-law, for whom we got the chicks (in exchange for home-made chocolate bownies and a bottle of wine) reckons that, as they have the body shape and interesting hair do of the araucana breed, they should produce blue eggs. However, as they are a quarter maran, they might throw the odd egg through the winter, which I believe pure bred araucanas don't do.

Betty seems to have got the araucana colouring, but Ruby seems to have the maran colouring. It is hard the explain to non-chicken owning friends that are actually sisters, as they look nothing like each other, though they are both anyone's for a grape!

Listen to me harp on about my little chickens! Though oddly enough, I don't feel too barking doing so on this forum!

Thanks,

Marie x

Oops, sorry about that.

I realised that I put the pictures in my signature bit, not the post. I then removed them, but thought that it would keep them in my original post. Please find the pictures of Ruby and Betty below. Sorry again!

PIC_0001.jpg

PIC_0123.jpg

PIC_0013.jpg

they are gorgeous....I really like their hairstyles....your chickens and mine are the same age (12 weeks)...but yours are much prettier than mine!!

my girls are at that in-between stage where they dont look like cute chicks and they dont look like hens yet either!