chocchick

Pointy egg

Great photo - we have had a few like that - once we had a really long,thin pointy one which was great :P

Just wondering about the keeping eggs in the fridge thing - is that what you are supposed to do,'cos I don't :shock:

I just thought as they are on the shelf at Tesco,then they are OK at room temperature at home - but please tell me if I am wrong (I don't really want to poison everyone!)

I need to post a pic of the VERY interestingly shaped egg Geri laid yesterday.

Same shape as yours choccy but Geri's eggs have always had a "band" around the egg, kind of like it gets stuck as its on it's way out and gets a bit more shell added - eggs still gorgeous though!

Margot has always laid torpedo type eggs, although they are starting to round up a bit these days!

Great photo - we have had a few like that - once we had a really long,thin pointy one which was great :P

Just wondering about the keeping eggs in the fridge thing - is that what you are supposed to do,'cos I don't :shock:

I just thought as they are on the shelf at Tesco,then they are OK at room temperature at home - but please tell me if I am wrong (I don't really want to poison everyone!)

Don't worry they're equally OK stored at room temperature, they just keep slightly longer in the fridge but can equally get condensation when you take them out which isn't good for the egg. We should probably get one of those ceramic hens, it is a bit congested in the fridge.

Will look out for your interesting egg photos Andrew... :lol:

Don't worry they're equally OK stored at room temperature, they just keep slightly longer in the fridge but can equally get condensation when you take them out which isn't good for the egg. We should probably get one of those ceramic hens, it is a bit congested in the fridge.

I don't keep raw eggs in the fridge as I thought the shells were slightly porous and therefore they would absorb and be tainted by any strong food smells. They always keep for months at room temperature though. My grandparents kept a large amount of free ranging hens and never refridgerated any raw eggs, I just assumed this was correct.

Anyone know the correct thing to do as I tell people off for keeping their raw eggs in the fridge :oops::oops: