Cate in NZ

Chickens prefer beautiful humans

Did any one else see this snippet in the Times magazine? Apparently chickens were shown 7 faces, the 1st face they pecked at was compared with the faces chosen as the prettiest by 14 students. "Hens and humans all chose the same faces, which scientists say shows just how bird-like our brains are". That probably explains why Phil loves pecking my ear, whilst the other 2 prefer my feet :oops::roll: . They don't peck hubby hardly at all, yet Imogen (age 12, and very pretty- although I am biased) can wrap them around her little finger.They won't leave her alone when she's in the garden :roll: But then again she is the most generous with the treats :roll:

:D:D:D That's brilliant, lookist chickens, absolutely true! They adore me, naturally (I thought it was the food but obviously my stunning looks). Esther is even more popular 8) and men ignored unless having their tea disrupted or newspaper pooed upon :D:D

Then, Charlot, 18, completely glamorous, beautiful (takes after father then) gets chased & followed and not left alone. 8)

Shame she's terrified of them & thinks they just want to kill her! :roll::P

What a great bit of therapy.

If you are having a 'down' day, just go a see your chickens and they will make you feel wonderful and beautiful and marvelous again 8)

Of course, we are ALL of the above aren't we, just need reminding every now and then

What a great bit of therapy.

If you are having a 'down' day, just go a see your chickens and they will make you feel wonderful and beautiful and marvelous again 8)

Of course, we are ALL of the above aren't we, just need reminding every now and then

yerrsss.... I'm still not convinced... our girls rate everyone above me :?