Mel (& Paul)

Thank You

Nothing to do with chickens (well not directly) :?

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you fellow omleteers out there that have kept me so amused :o and informed 8) on the forum.

It is so good to know that there are so many of us like minded people out there who eshew small knickers in favour of cream cakes and granny-knickers :shock: ; who have LSH or MOTH :) ,who know we are still stylish and young, despite not being in our early 20s or 30s or read the daily mail :shock: who think of mad names for their chooks, who go off subject as easily as I do :roll::wink:

I am thrilled that we have finally got chickens (Bluebelle)GNRPP and they have quickly become part of mad household. They even came into the conservsatory last night for a glass of chilled white wine with us and the doggles :wink: Thank you again and I look forward to nattering about everything and anything soon (Him is hoping that chatting non stop will be an Olympic sport by 2012 as he reckons I am in with a more than passable chance at a gold.... :roll: ) :roll:

:D:D:D

8) The feeling is mutual, Mel, glad to have you aboard. :D

Its amazing how many things we all have in common on this forum, not just the chooks. Six of us met recently and I can honestly say, the others just felt like "old" friends.

Its a great atmosphere on this forum, isn't it.

I'll be cheering you in 2012..who'll be gold & silver? :wink::shock::D

Well you and Kate are definitely up there with the best :wink::D

Other than that our chicken Margot "Well REALLY Jerry" GNR is a good bet. We often hear a commotion outside and rush out thinking "fox / cat / doggle attack" only to find it is Margot complaining that the layers pellets didnt come from Harrods :shock: , that the water is not Evian :? or that Jerryldene is in her way! :D

Typical chickens!!! Jenny is our Miss Stroppypants! She's very vocal and is a constant embarrassment to us :oops::roll: ! Nothing's ever right for her and she's up and down the run going "oo oo oo oo" all day :shock: !

Hens :roll: !

Anyway, glad you are feeling nicely at home on the forum. Everyone here is so nice and the atmosphere is usually warm, back slapping and friendly. People united by Eglus!!

Lovely photos in the gallery, by the way, Mel - well done, knew you could do it!! If you have trouble naming the album, let me know and I can do it if you can't - sometimes the technology in that gallery can be a tad annoying and lets one person do one thing but another can't!

That's what you think Kate, we're all just too polite to mention it :lol::lol::lol:

I have to say I agree with Mel though, this is a pretty special forum, we do tend to have a lot in common, and even when we disagree it's never in a nasty way, everyone is very supportive, and people willingly share their expertise on a whole range of subjects, from chicken poo, to courgettes to knitted thongs, and everything in between :shock: and basically it's just the sheer friendliness and the great sense of humour that stands out.

Thanks to everyone who contributes for making it such an informative and fun place to visit