Linda64

Rabbit in the hayrack!

Have two new Netherland Dwarf rabbits in my eglu. (blackrabbit)(whiterabbit) Nibbles keeps getting into the hay rack. I'm not sure if he is getting stuck and unable to get out or just finds it comfortable to sit in the hayrack. Has anyone else had this problem? :think:

Thanks for advice. Have realised that Nibbles can get in and out as he pleases so I'm not worrying any more. :D

Edited by Guest

Hi there,

Our mini Lop does the same.. she doesn't get stuck but she is most insistent about moving it all over her house. It's normal for them to sit in their 'pooper' & eat from the hay rack but I'm not sure they should be getting inside the rack. Perhaps try moving the rack up higher maybe?

Good luck

My new bunnies' hayrack is shaped differently from my old one, so they can't really get comfy on top of it, it's too narrow, but a few years back my mini lop used to sit on his hayrack a lot... he had hay in the hutch and run too, but somehow he seemed to prefer sitting higher up, a bit like my cats always seem to prefer sitting or lying on something higher than the ground...

The new bunnies congregate on top of one of their little playhouses in the run...

Maybe they like a vantage point when relaxing and observing their surroundings?

Daft little fluff-balls haven't worked out that they are safe in their run! :lol:

:D I shall try to explain that to them....

Mind you, with five cats staring at them regularly (not all at once, thankfully), I can understand them being a bit nervous... hopefully the cats will soon get bored of the staring and realise they can't get to the rabbits so can stop plotting...