SillyClucker

Killer Chickens

not sure - i would guess not - but who knows...more likely the chicken hoover gene kicking in!!!! try anything once (or twice)

one of mine has wee bum and i'm fairly convinced it was caused by her love of daddy longlegs. she ate loads of them - chasing them around the garden. i've since heard that they are very poisonous but normally cause no harm as have no teeth so can't pierce skin.

not sure - i would guess not - but who knows...more likely the chicken hoover gene kicking in!!!! try anything once (or twice)

one of mine has wee bum and i'm fairly convinced it was caused by her love of daddy longlegs. she ate loads of them - chasing them around the garden. i've since heard that they are very poisonous but normally cause no harm as have no teeth so can't pierce skin.

had to laugh, the crane flies got a good bashing in our garden from the chooks. Its amazing how fast the chooks can leg it when they feel the need.

Also i am guilty of catching the CFlies in the house and keeping them to feed to the chooks - am i really cruel :(

Also i am guilty of catching the CFlies in the house and keeping them to feed to the chooks - am i really cruel :(

Yes - as cruel as CTB - I caught him in the act of raking throught the dead leaves with a stick to find woodlice for our two girls, he was picking them up one by one and hand feeding them to the chooks :!:

Ours are complete maniacs when it comes to anything that is live and if they were to come across a slow worm i think the slow worm would be in trouble!!!! Mildred had a lovely huge caterpillar the other day...........i had to lift her up so she could reach it. They also make very light work of a huge stag beetle that was unfortunate (stupid) enough to enter their run.........they ripped it to pieces and chased each other for bits of it! Mildred also makes a weekly inspection of their house when i open it up and she "removes" any small bugs which may have trespassed into her house :lol: