Doodle

Just got 2 Silkies. They "tweet"!!!! PICTURES FINALLY ADDED!

Yes, yes....I know I've got a thread running about noisy chickens and complaining neighbours, so it does seem a bit barking to add two more to the situation BUT......

I ALWAYS wanted Silkies and these two have been on order since February. Went to collect them today from The Wernlas Collection near Shrewsbury. Oh my wordy, they are the sweetest wee birds I've ever met! One is blue and the other gold. The blue shall be called SILVER and the gold is called STAR (according to my children).

They make this really sweet little tweet tweet noise! Will they always make it or will they cluck as they get older? They are about 18 weeks old just now. I shall try and do pics tomorrow.

resized1.jpg

resized2.jpg

resized3.jpg

resized4.jpg

resized5.jpg

resized6.jpg

Edited by Guest

They are gorgeous. Must admit I am smitten with our silkie - and I wasn't too keen on them,only got her because I'd promised my son he could have one :o . Have had to stop and think what noise she makes, she is very quiet, I think she does make a very soft cheep usually, but she can cluck - I only hear that when I pick her up though - no idea how old mine is, she is supposedly point of lay, but as silkies aren't known for laying, 'point of lay' could stretch out for a long time :lol:

Does anyone know how you tell a silkies' age - if they are POL? as the size /colour of the comb is obviously no good ? :?