tmlk

New arrivals!

We are now the proud owners of one green eglu, one Buff Orpington and a Pekin Bantam :D And have spent all afternoon watching them get aquainted with their new home and grass! And Pinkie mothering Super-Chick!

We are going back in 4 weeks to collect an blue egg laying hybrid, to add when Super-Chick is big enough ( as suggested at the chicken suppliers)...

Was wondering if i can only use one colour in sign off as i have(hopefully) managed to write Pinkie in Pink... but wanted Super-Chick in red? but it doesnt seem to let us do it?

We are now the proud owners of one green eglu, one Buff Orpington and a Pekin Bantam :D And have spent all afternoon watching them get aquainted with their new home and grass! And Pinkie mothering Super-Chick!

Hi there - I'm a lady in waiting still, my (green eglu) is due towards the end of July but I'm dithering about which breed to get as I'd like a bit of garden friendliness... I love your choice of girls, a buff orpington and a little Pekin. Did they know each other before they arrived or did you introduce them and can the big girl get into the Eglu ... I was told they'd be to big !

Just seen your photos - wonderful ! My concern now is the size of little pekin, sorry Super Chick, is a bit dainty and attractive to my cats :anxious:

Well i had my heart set on an Orpy, but my husband wanted a Bantam and the place we went to had these two chicks! They said they would get on fine as the Orpy is still small(12 wks approx), i was very concerned on the way home as in their transport cage you could really see the size difference and Pinkie kept sitting almost on top of Super! :shock:

But once home they have been fine, I think Pinkie thinks she has a little Chick, she is very motherly they are always snuggling together and Super tucked under Pinkie's wing! She is always concerned when Super is taken out(for cuddles or to be put to bed) :wink:

Pinkie has no trouble getting in and out, Super needed help getting in but is flying out :D she is only 4-6 weeks though so will hopefully get bigger soon!

They were from the same place but not together as Super was still inside. They had a fullgrown Orpington there though, the houses they had there were smallish wooden arcs and they said that size would suit her so i think she will be fine