gooner.girl

Football Chat

So who have your teams got over the christmas break?

We have Watford, Sheffield United and Charlton (my brother and i are going to that one!) In theory 9 points but i bet we don't get them all!

Tottenham away (I'm going to that one) Charlton away, Chelsea at home (I'm on holiday so my friend is borrowing the season tickets! :( )

9 points in theory but I recon we'll get 4!

Martin, losing to Spurs oh dear! And you went as well didn't you?

Phil, Bolton might be doing well but "Ooops, word censored!"nal are still above them! Van Persies goal today was great!

Chelsea, i laughed myself silly over that own goal. It was hilarious. Cashley Hole looked so upset... What a shame....

BTW Phil, was up your neck of the woods today. You're in Essex aren't you? My Granny lives in Gidea Park,Romford and goes to the local baptist church. I told her a forum member pastored a URC church somewhere around there. She said its a women at their local one though (so not you!) cos she came to speak at my Grannys womens fellowship.

yeah gooner - that's just round the corner from me. The woman in the URC near gidea park is my missus (Romford URC)

I thought Gidea Park Baptist church had closed?? Maybe she goes to Main Road baptist (though the missus can't remember ever speaking there - maybe she's confused it with the methodist church where the missus has spoken?)

next time you're up - give us a call (or send us a PM) - I'll introduce you to the girls!

(btw - the very fact that a gooner fan is pleased to be above lil'old Bolton is testament to the shocking season you are having!! You may well be marginally above us - but I'll keep the 3-1 win as a nice souvenir of the season... :wink:)

Martin won't be pleased though - Villa in freefall - O'Neill wants some money to spend... (sigh - am I fed up of clubs who think the answer to all their problems lies in the transfer market - perennial transfer market quick-fix merchants - Newcastle United - who came a cropper at the Reebok again yesterday...)

Oh - and VP was up to his diving antics again yesterday, I see.. :wink:

poor old moanrinho - eh? he has a player injured.. how can they possibly cope - what with their thin, meagre squad n'all... boo hoo!!

Phil

Sorry it is Main Road Baptist Church she goes to, she lives in Gidea Park. My parents got married there and my Grandpas funeral was there.

She said it was a welsh women at the URC? Is that your better half? Its a small world! It was at her ladies fellowship group not in the actual service i think she heard your wife speak.

Your wife would remember if she had met my granny, shes a very outspoken, grumpy women (lovely underneath it all but i don't think many people see that bit!)

Would love to come and meet your chickens sometime! We go up a fair amount to Romford. Did you know Tony Adams and Ray Parlour come from Romford? That part of the world obviously produce great footballers!

RVP does not dive! You're just jealous cos he scores such great Dennis Bergkamp style goals!

It comes to something when we are having an awful season yet are STILL above Bolton doesn't it! We're going for all 3 cups this season anyway!

What Villa need is a great manager like "Ooops, word censored!"ne Wenger who spends very little money on future world class players, (Henry, Anelka, Vieria, Toure... i could go on) rather then moneybags like Chelsea who just buy whoever they want.

I really hope "Ooops, word censored!"nal aren't taken over by some foreigfn billionaire, at least while we have Wenger with us who can find gems whilst spending no money at all. Its having an english board that know how the club should be run that means it doesn't matter that we have so many foreign player...

Sorry will get off my high horse now...

She said it was a welsh women at the URC? Is that your better half? Its a small world! It was at her ladies fellowship group not in the actual service i think she heard your wife speak.

Your wife would remember if she had met my granny, shes a very outspoken, grumpy women (lovely underneath it all but i don't think many people see that bit!)

Would love to come and meet your chickens sometime! We go up a fair amount to Romford. Did you know Tony Adams and Ray Parlour come from Romford? That part of the world obviously produce great footballers!

Yes - my Missus is welsh - it was definitely her - I shall have to ask if she remembers an outspoken grumpy old woman - but (to be honest) that's a pretty fair description of most old ladies at fellowship groups!! :wink:

Yes - I know about Adams and Parlour - Parlour occasionally used to pick his kids up from the pre-school based at my little church in Emerson Park (the bit next to Gidea Park!)

as for the rest of the nonsense about "Ooops, word censored!"ne Whinger and "Ooops, word censored!"nal - I'll put that down to a few too many christmas drinks addling your brain... :wink: Bolton are now up to four regular British players - Nolan, Hunt, Speed and Kevin Davies... it'll be five when little Joey O'Brien is back from injury "Ooops, word censored!"nal may as well just go and join the French league... :wink:

you are always welcome to come for a coffee and see the girls!

Phil

PS - Martin's gone very quiet... :shock:

PS - Martin's gone very quiet...

Its the shame of being beaten by Spurs....

Wow Ray Parlour! - he's a legend! The Romford Pele as he used to be known... Did you ever meet him?

as for the rest of the nonsense about "Ooops, word censored!"ne Whinger and "Ooops, word censored!"nal...

:twisted::twisted::evil: Nonsense? I don't think so...

Having British players is nothing to boast about - they're all mostly rubbish! And far to overpriced... I'd rather have french superstars anyday!

PS - Martin's gone very quiet...

Its the shame of being beaten by Spurs....

Wow Ray Parlour! - he's a legend! The Romford Pele as he used to be known... Did you ever meet him?

yeah - I ticked him off for parking his flash motor in the minister's parking spot.. :wink:

Phil

This makes me laugh .... as OH and boys are Man U, but 3 brothers are Man U, Chelsea and "Ooops, word censored!"nal :wink: . The MIGHTY MACCLESFIELD are set to play Chelsea on the 6th :?: January ... they always lost, and since Paul Ince and Iain Wright have been involved have started to WIN :!::D .

Still we will wait to see what happens ..... :pray: .

White Hart Lane a nice stadium? I know i'm biased but i have been there and its a dump compared to Highbury and Ashburton Grove! Us Gooners tend to take off the W in White and insert an 'S' instead if you get my drift....

go easy on him, Helen - he's used to Villa Park... most premiership stadiums are palaces by comparison :wink:

we're off to Donny Rovers in t'FA cup - they have a new stadium - just unwrapped I believe - as for their old one, now that was a hole!!!

None of them are a patch on the old burnden park..

my favourite Lowry painting is of the old BP - back in the day when everyone was really skinny!!!

lowrymatch001web.jpg

Ee by gum - happen them were t'days!

Phil

go easy on him, Helen - he's used to Villa Park... most premiership stadiums are palaces by comparison

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like the picture Phil.

I have to say Highbury will always be the special stadium for me, the new stadium is great, very flash and smart but Highbury was fantastic, i know it sounds cheesy but it was really special, so many great memories there, also the only stadium to be a listed building i believe? It had real character - it was different to any other stadium around. Gutted that we can't be there anymore, breaks my heart walking back after going to ashburton grove and seeing parts of it being knocked down... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Fond memories also of Burnden Park Phil - that's where OH introduced me to the delights of football! :roll:

Have you been in there recently - since it became Asda?? I bought some pants where I calculated the centre spot used to be.. it felt kind of sacreligious!!

so is/was your OH a Bolton fan then? and why aren't you?? :wink:

My "fond" memories of Burnden Park terraces include the fond memory of someone weeing down the back of my leg - the toilets (garden shed) were so foul that people simply weed down the terrace - rivers of wee....

after the game we used to buy the Pink (remember that!) and a bag of chips and still have change out of a shilling!

ahhh - happy days! Football is such a distant spectacle now in most premiership grounds...

Phil

It had real character - it was different to any other stadium around. Gutted that we can't be there anymore, breaks my heart walking back after going to ashburton grove and seeing parts of it being knocked down... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I know how you feel, Helen - I felt just the same about Burnden.

:(

Phil

Hummmm... Interesting memories Phil, sounds really delightful...

after the game we used to buy the Pink (remember that!) and a bag of chips and still have change out of a shilling!

Shillings? Grief Phil! How old are you? 90?!!! Do you remember when Burnden Park was first built as well? Or when the F.A were founded? Did you use to play with hobnail boots and a ball that would knock you out every time you headed it?!

Fond memories also of Burnden Park Phil - that's where OH introduced me to the delights of football! :roll:

Have you been in there recently - since it became Asda?? I bought some pants where I calculated the centre spot used to be.. it felt kind of sacreligious!!

so is/was your OH a Bolton fan then? and why aren't you?? :wink:

My "fond" memories of Burnden Park terraces include the fond memory of someone weeing down the back of my leg - the toilets (garden shed) were so foul that people simply weed down the terrace - rivers of wee....

ahhh - happy days! Football is such a distant spectacle now in most premiership grounds...

Phil

OH is 'Bowton' born and bred Phil (Farnworth actually) - afraid I'm a Manchester girl (Man U if any!). I'm not old enough to remember the Pink 8) but OH does, and says do you remember who used to own the post office opposite the ground??? :lol::lol:

Ee by gum - happen them were t'days!

Phil

Phil you really need to watch more Peter Kay DVDs if you are to get the true Northern accent going! :wink::wink:

'tis many a year since I grew up in Manchester, Bolton and Burnley. The "Ee by gum" was just for comic effect,

the "'appen them were t'days" was/is just exactly what my Bourrlton mates would say to this day!! :wink:

Phil

White Hart Lane a nice stadium? I know i'm biased but i have been there and its a dump compared to Highbury and Ashburton Grove! Us Gooners tend to take off the W in White and insert an 'S' instead if you get my drift....

Emirates is the sexiest stadium in the premier league. They have padded seats! But they charge 4.50 for 1 pie!