gooner.girl

Football Chat

and your flat cap...

Did you originally live up north then? Hence having unfortunate choice of football teams to choose to support?

aye - I have only recently moved down south (having spent a couple of years here and there in London before)

Manchester - Bolton - Burnley - Hartlepool (with a couple of brief year-long spells in London) interspersed with a spell in Wakefield, and University in Royal Leamington Spa and then 4 post-graduate years at Oxford University...

formative football years (ie. when I was old enough to go on my own) - Bolton!

so.. aye - a proper northerner (in exile :( )

Phil

Looks like the "Ooops, word censored!"nal have a bit of a fixture pile-up...

Sun 21 Jan – Premiership - "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Man Utd, 16:00

Wed 24 Jan – Carling Cup - Tottenham v "Ooops, word censored!"nal, 20:00

Sat 27 Jan – FA Cup – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Bolton, 15:00 (presumably tbc)

Tue 30 Jan – Premiership – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Man City, 19:45

Tue 30 Jan – Carling Cup – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Tottenham, 19:45

Sat 03 Feb – Premiership – Middlesbrough v "Ooops, word censored!"nal, 17:15

presumably the Citeh game will be moved - and I'm guessing the "Ooops, word censored!"nal/Bolton cup game will be moved to the evening to suit sky...

but - a bit of a pileup nonetheless... just the time you want to face the big northern bruisers, eh?

sport-smiley-019.gif

Phil

Looks like the "Ooops, word censored!"nal have a bit of a fixture pile-up...

Sun 21 Jan – Premiership - "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Man Utd, 16:00

Wed 24 Jan – Carling Cup - Tottenham v "Ooops, word censored!"nal, 20:00

Sat 27 Jan – FA Cup – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Bolton, 15:00 (presumably tbc)

Tue 30 Jan – Premiership – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Man City, 19:45

Tue 30 Jan – Carling Cup – "Ooops, word censored!"nal v Tottenham, 19:45

Sat 03 Feb – Premiership – Middlesbrough v "Ooops, word censored!"nal, 17:15

The Bolton site now says Sunday @ 4pm - I could probably make that!! Whoopee!! must go an order a ticket - then find a decent local hostelry...

are you up for it Helen?

8)

Phil

I will try and get tickets Phil, they're not advertised on the "Ooops, word censored!"nal website yet though i have seen the date of the match, am suposed to be playing football that day but i should be able to get out of it. I will have to wait and see if they become available for red members - could be a while before i know....

We are going to be busy though, the city game has been moved but even so - manic!

I will try and get tickets Phil, they're not advertised on the "Ooops, word censored!"nal website yet though i have seen the date of the match, am suposed to be playing football that day but i should be able to get out of it. I will have to wait and see if they become available for red members - could be a while before i know....

We are going to be busy though, the city game has been moved but even so - manic!

If you fail - you can come and join us in the away end.. :wink: (as long as you cheer in the right places)

Phil

here's one for Martin to giggle at...

Birmingham, City's new diary claims that Brum have won the FA Cup several times and the European Cup!!

(apparently there was some kind of a mix up at the printers between Aston Villa and Brum)

how TOTALLY EMBARRASSING is that!!! :D

Phil

Emblazoned on the honours page at the front of the diary are claims that Blues won the European Cup in 1982, the European Super Cup, a total of seven FA Cup trophies and five League Cup victories!

That would be painful... I did that once at a spurs - "Ooops, word censored!"nal game about 6 years back as a spurs supporting friend had got the tickets. I was ready to lamp the bloke in front who was singing rude songs about "Ooops, word censored!"ne Wenger and cheered when the "Ooops, word censored!"nal goal went in. I got some right evils from the people around me! :oops:

Also, before the game my spurs supporting mate tried to get me into a spurs pub wearing my "Ooops, word censored!"nal shirt and i was banned by the bouncers cos of the shirt and my mate said, just put your sweatshirt on and the bouncer will never know, i got in but lived in constant fear of anyone detecting the red underneath my jumper!

I was sat next to some Man'ure fans at Stamford Bridge once. :evil: They really annoyed us and made no attempt to hide who they were, they were singing and even videoing the match on a large video camera - right in front of the steward :evil:

lucky we werent sat in the matthew harding stand - they would have been eaten :shock:

and chelsea lost :cry:

i wouldnt be able to sit in an opposition crowd un-noticed :oops:

If you didn't know which team was which, I would say Wycombes team was worth £235million not Chelsea!

Isn't it immoral to spend that much on a football team when they're are children dying of hunger in Africa. Plus i bet wycombes team wasn't even worth £20mil.

BTW Martin OH has just heard on skysports news about a possible swap for villa - chelsea - baros for wright phillips - what d'ya reckon?

Never mind Chelse..

there's another leg - you'll win that - captain fantastic will be back by then...

8)

Phil

my sentiments exactly....no panic here :?

I sorta knew wycombe would get a point. we had a makeshift team - essien and ferreira centre backs etc.

Cech, John Terry back soon. Just think once we are full strength and all these players to choose from -

Cech, john terry, Joe Cole, Essien, Robben, lampard, maka, carvalho, cashley hole, ballack, shevchenko, drogba....etc...etc....

looks like a premiership winning side to me.... :wink:

we'll come good just at the right time.

8)

If you didn't know which team was which, I would say Wycombes team was worth £235million not Chelsea!

blah blah blah - you really hate chelsea dont you martin!

yes we were poor - but half our team is out !

and by the way - if it was down to me you could have SWP for nothing - he really is wasteful :wink: