gooner.girl

Football Chat

8) Shona's a good ref, and all players have shown the respect she deserves...play on... :D

...Martin! Just stick to words you can say in front of Auntie Sheila & don't pick on my team or it'll be a yellow card! :wink:

Edited by Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

On another forum that I occasionally lurk in, you can't type '"Ooops, word censored!"nal', as it appears as '****nal' when you post. Similary, you can't type 'Hitchcock' as it edits out the second half of the word. :roll::roll:

Anyhow... Back on topic... Isn't it funny how the 4 top teams are all playing each other this weekend?

The races for 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th could be a lot clearer after these matches... I just hope "Ooops, word censored!"nal win and liverpool - chelsea is a draw...

I don't want Bolton and Portsmouth back close to us or overtaking us again :?

Chelsea, are you nervous? Liverpool are easy to beat :wink: but theres got to be a backlash sometime...

OK - so I'd better post my predictions...

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - Man U 1

Liverpool 1 - Chelsea 3

Villa 2 - Watford 2

Boro 2 - Bolton 1

I'm quite pessimistic this weekend - we don't usually get much out of our trips to the Smoggies

"Ooops, word censored!"nal and ManUre will play out an edgy draw

Villa will let Watford back in for a second-half rally

and Chelsea will have too much for the hapless *****ppers...

Phil

(though I'd be happy to be quite wrong!)

Ohhh interesting...

You're very negative about Bolton Phil... Boro are pretty pants :lol: I reckon you'll at least draw!!!

Still i didn't predict "Ooops, word censored!"nal to win last week (always been a glass half empty type of girl :? ) but this week i thought what the heck... We're at home!!! I'll probably be wrong though...

just as a yardstick...

Lawro's predictions are as follows...

"Ooops, word censored!"nal 1 - Man U 1

Liverpool 2 - Chelsea 1

Villa 2 - Watford 0

Boro 0 - Bolton 2

he's more optimistic than me about Bolton...

Phil

I thought it came from the name of Thomas ...... the inventor of the toilet. My parents never swear and I dont swear in front of them. Thats one word that none of us flinch at

Yes Bronze, you're right... So in which case a perfect word to describe Bolton, Villa and Chelsea then, who are complete poo on the pitch!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

* head down, runs for cover!

Martin, it was moderated automatically by the swear filter. While you may find that it is an acceptable word, some do not. Just because this topic is about football, does not give you all an excuse to descend into unsuitable language......

quite right.. (although, like Helen - I'm not sure why you put "you all")

but if Martin gets a public rap on the knuckles for using the word c*ap - then how come it's OK elsewhere for open and public requests for CD piracy (which is actually illegal because it is theft) to go unchecked??

:?

Phil

So do you look at those Phil, then adapt them a bit for your own purposes??! :wink::lol:

Isn't that cheating?! :lol::lol::lol::wink::wink::wink:

Tut. I don't know... Ministers these days...

eh?

if I did that - then why would mine be different?? (three of mine are totally different results - let alone scores!) Lawro is famously not that good at the predicting lark!! (like me!)

I am nervous about Boro, though - but then (like you!) I'm a glass half-empty person when it comes to expectations for Bolton results...

Phil

if I did that - then why would mine be different?? (three of mine are totally different results - let alone scores!) Lawro is famously not that good at the predicting lark!! (like me!)

I'm just teasing Phil... 8)

I am nervous about Boro, though - but then (like you!) I'm a glass half-empty person when it comes to expectations for Bolton results...

Glad i'm not the only one 'tis my policy for life and football... :? Have you ever read Fever pitch and Nick Hornbys musings on life and football? Its a great book (i know i'm biased but it really is! As is the film... Colin Firth... *sighs dreamily....)

Have you seen the 'look what i did at the weekend' thread Phil? started by ubereglu, us footy fans are getting the blame for hi-jacking threads and it was Martin... Again... :roll::wink:

Have you seen the 'look what i did at the weekend' thread Phil? started by ubereglu, us footy fans are getting the blame for hi-jacking threads and it was Martin... Again... :roll::wink:

I hadn't seen that - but there's no bad language there... and unless I have forgotten something (which is entirely possible) - this is a rare occurrence on Martin's part - it hardly amounts to a thread-hijack - the posts were entirely on topic, asking if she might consider doing particular colours...

I can't remember discussing football extensively on any thread other than this one - maybe it was you, sheila or chelsea??

Phil

but if Martin gets a public rap on the knuckles for using the word c*ap - then how come it's OK elsewhere for open and public requests for CD piracy (which is actually illegal because it is theft) to go unchecked??

Phil

But it didn't go unchecked did it Phil? - you mentioned it :?

....and it saved me from doing so, because said sister (the one wot sings) is married to a barrister and he was not best pleased when I copied a CD for said sister :? ....... so I never do it now of course. :D

Anyhow... Back on topic... Isn't it funny how the 4 top teams are all playing each other this weekend?

The races for 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 4th could be a lot clearer after these matches... I just hope "Ooops, word censored!"nal win and liverpool - chelsea is a draw...

I don't want Bolton and Portsmouth back close to us or overtaking us again :?

Chelsea, are you nervous? Liverpool are easy to beat :wink: but theres got to be a backlash sometime...

Yes, I am nervous....plus its on the telly, I think sometimes its better for me if its not on the tv. Get all worked up, shout and swear at the tv and if we lose Im in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend and hubby is too.

And I hate losing to the scouser's.....Cant stand liverpool,.. and their fans are so "in yer face" and "we're the best team in the land since 1970" attitude! :evil:

I would rather get hammered by man'ure and "Ooops, word censored!"nal than lose to liverpool :lol:

Liverpool are pants and I want to thrash them tomorrow just to show them that they arent as good as man u/"Ooops, word censored!"nal/chelsea :)

Come on you blues.....

:dance::dance::pray::pray::dance:

Phil

But it didn't go unchecked did it Phil? - you mentioned it :?

....and it saved me from doing so, because said sister (the one wot sings) is married to a barrister and he was not best pleased when I copied a CD for said sister :? ....... so I never do it now of course. :D

it didn't go unmentioned - but it did go unchecked - for it was then made light of and remained un-moderated...

what people might arrange via PM is their own business - but to do it in the public forum (whilst not the greatest crime in the world) - is slightly more naughty than a teenager using the word c*ap.

I drew attention to it because it was in a thread that I started - but I am not a moderator, and so I cannot take any action to remove it..

As I said - not the worst crime in the world - that's not the issue, I was simply surprised that Martin should be publicly reprimanded by a moderator for what is comparatively (in my view) a very small thing... a PM would probably have sufficed...

and included in the reprimand about bad language was "you all" which (presumably) means Sheila, Martin, Helen, Me and Chelsea - the chief protagonists in the football thread... which I still find a bit puzzling...

Phil

Martin asked why the word had been moderated - I explained. The word was moderated AUTOMATICALLY by the swear filter - I didn't moderate AS I EXPLAINED to Martin.

I have no worries about the thread descending postings full of prophanities, for two reasons, 1 None of you seem like the type to swear profusely at the drop of a hat, and 2 The swear filter will automatically **** them out.

As for the other matter, I've not seen it yet, so can't comment on what's been said in other topics.

Now please all get back to discussing footie, or I'll take your ball home with me........ :wink::D