I got a second hand eglu in August and everything seemed fine with it but as the nights were warm I hadn't shut the door on it so the chooks could go in and out when they wanted too. Now it's got cold I wanted to shut the door but the handle won't turn to shut the door. Is there anything I can do to get it to shut without breaking it?

Just a first thought; you need to lift the handle before you turn, then pushing down locks it in place. Sorry if you know that already, but I'm just hoping for a simple solution for you. After making sure everything is clear of debris that could be blocking it, you could try WD40 on all visible moving parts, when the girls are out.

Um, that's all I can think of, but I'll cross my fingers too. Do let us know how you get on.

PS. It also won't turn when it's frozen, although I don't suppose that has been the cause yet. So, I keep a carpet offcut over the handle, hanging over like a little porch. A rug or similar would do, I learnt this from SuperKate and it's one of the best tips I've had. For when you manage to turn yours! :)

Good advice Sheila! My first thought is that maybe something is stuck in the groove at the bottom of the eglu. They often manage to kick bark chips etc in there and then the rod of the door lock can't be pushed down. I hope you sort it out!