Lesley H

Hemcore

Just got a bale of aubiose from our local saddlery. It is fantastic and SO much cleaner than the bark chippings. I spent 2hrs last weekend taking out all the manky chippings (which were mixed up with earth and making the hens filthy) and putting down a bed of aubiose. The hens were so funny with it when I put them back into the run. Since then their water has stayed cleaner and they haven't got so wet in all this rain.

I bought my hemcore today coincidentally. Despite the lady in the shop saying that it was very expensive just to do chickens with! Had a nightmare getting it out of the bag and into the run. finally all spread around, hope they don't make to much mess with it - are they l;ikely to push it out the run bars to outside the run does anyone know???

Helen

I have been succesfully using hemcore since the last post - we just made a surround out of log edging like it suggests on the website. we put bark around the edges and hemcore where the run goes. The chickens love it - it's fantastic. The love digging in it...and the poo really does just disappear!

I would highly recomend it to anyone who is thinking about it.

Does anyone know where I can get some hemcore/auboise in the Manchester/Bury region? The only place I've found so far won't deliver just one bale and I dont' have transport so can't go and collect it and I don't have room to store loads.

Amazingly they do deliveries to a stables about 10 minutes drive away from me but refuse to make the extra trip to my house even though I am more than willing to pay delivery charges :evil: