Vix_Chicks

The Maine-coon and the chickens!!

Hello all! :D

Well, it was the 2nd day of free-ranging today and I was a little nervous. You see, we have 3 male cats.. Bill, Barney and Mac (the Maine-coon). :D

Bill and Barney met GNR Sheldon and GNR Hetty yesterday, with no problems (touches wood), but Mac was nowhere to be seen :? .

So today was the day... The girls were happily digging away for bugs and grubs and Mac lurks out from the undergrowth :shock: .

He slowly slinks over to them, back kept low (like he was about to pounce!!) - may I add at this point that he brings home rabbits, wood pigeons, birds, voles etc every other day - and jumps up onto the bench. :shock:

Hetty and Sheldon were not fazed at all by him and kept foraging, and to my disbelief he just lay there and went to sleep!! :angel: I love that cat... yippee, a successful introduction!!! (:pray: hopes that every time will be like this!)

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

what a beautiful boy :D

I love the last "we dont want to hurt each other do we cat" photo :lol::lol:

they both look well chilled out dont they :D

cathy

x

Oh he is a gorgeous red boy!! Want one!!!! My breeder friend says there will definitely be reds in her next litter - I think they are so gorgeous.

My chickens would size up my coonies like that as well - I know my small Aby is terrified of them! :D:D

Oh my goodness he is so gorgeous, the chickens are lovely too. I'm with Cinnamon - I'm definitely having one when the time is right. :D

Lovely photos :D

That is one of the best looking cats I have ever seen. He looks a real sweetheart. :drool:

Your girls are pretty too.

Wow is it tomorrow???? Thath has really flown! Havea frunday with you new babytomorrow - I am off to feed a whole host of MC's now as my friend is on holiday - 10 adults and five 6 week old kittens! Maine coon heaven!!!!!!!

Well that is nice, my son  told me main coon will eat anything including the dog."Gobby sod" he did not want to drive the three hundred miles to my house, or he thought his american bulldog may eat my cat. Hey ho I am going to buy that cat. The boy will have to cuddle the dog.