ali-s

1st Christmas Card

Yep, I got one last monday.

It was packed in with a parcel that arrived,which was an item I won on eBay :P

Aqua blue with white doves on - very tasteful 8)

I thought it was a nice touch.They also sprinkled the inside packing of the parcel with silver stars.

It looks very lonely on my wooden beam,waiting for all the others to come & join it :lol:

Edited by Guest

We received our first Christmas card today :shock::D

It is from my Aunt in New Zealand :D Seasons Greetings on the front and a picture of a white sandy beach, blue sky and sea :roll:

Anyone received cards yet?

yes, a great aunt of OH gave us cards in October when she saw him - saves on postage :shock:

I can't stand the 'done that' attitude. Christmas cards carry Christmas wishes at Christmas time, as far as I am concerned. They shouldn't be a job on the list to be ticked off. Even if I write them early, I never post them until the last day so that they arrive when it's nearly Christmas.

Sorry! I have a bit of a thing about people who send them early!

(I expect I've offended a few people now! Sorry again everyone! Each to his own!)

:shock::shock::shock:

I usually send mine the first week in December :oops: Is that to early?

I'm so sorry Paola! :oops: Yes, that's too early for me but as you won't be sending me one (now!) it doesn't matter. :lol:

I saw a house today with a huge (15 feet in a pot) Christmas tree outside decorated with lights and some decoration lit up on the wall of the house too. It's still NOVEMBER :shock: Have I upset someone else now?

I've not even started Christmas preparations yet :lol: When should I panic :lol:

Well if your sprouts weren't on just after September just gone then they certainly won't be ready for Christmas Dinner!!

Well I have bought Advent calenders a few weeks ago at M&S and started buying some presents back in the summer to spread the cost and be a bit more sensible about it.

Get paid tomorrow and intend to buy a few more things over the next few days.

Can't wait to wrap my presents this year - we're on a buzz this year that everything we wrap our presents with can be simply thrown on the compost heap/bin.

Starting to get a little bit excited but always manage to hold back til December - it's such a lovely time of year!...sometimes

A

xx

I dont mean to be a bit of a humbug (most unlike me) but I feel christmas is really getting out of hand. I LOVE christmas - I love the christmas music....decorating my house inside and out, going to carol service and singing my heart out to carols, I love all my nibbles and sweets, watching the wizard of oz and black and white christmasy films. I adore watching my 2 young nephews opening their presents, christmas dinner :wink:

What I dont enjoy is fretting what to buy people, trying to work out weekly what we can afford to spend out of the weekly budget, having to ASK people what they want instead of just buying something and saying "tough" they'll have to like it ! :cry:

I usually worry so much prior to christmas that by new years day im ill and spend the week after christmas in bed with the flu :cry:

I'll stop moaning soon...sorry :cry:

Chelsea - do Christmas the way YOU want to.Be yourself and don't worry what other people think or do. (encouraging smiley here!)

I can't use an emoticon because they've got Christmas hats on and it's not even Advent yet! I think someone is having a go at me! (rolling eyes would be here!)

thanks ginette. Its just pressure from everyone else I feel. I would love it to go back to when I was a kid and we got a pillowcase at the bottom of the bed and I was happy with colouring books and felt tips !!

suppose its 2006 and you cant get anything decent for a few pennies nowadays.

Claire, I agree with you.

The problem is time, I feel. If I had time to wander around an interesting shopping centre, I would probably find suitable non-expensive gifts for everyone. But time runs out and then the pressure is on!

Whilst I too hate 'Xmas' instead of Christmas, I have to grudgingly admit that it is a proper abbreviation. Christians (or Xians (winking smilie here)) often use an 'X' instead of 'Christ', being a sort of cross it seems appropriate. So therefore replacing the Christ of Christmas with an X is not defiling it in any way.

I don't do it though and don't like it!

Claire, I agree with you.

The problem is time, I feel. If I had time to wander around an interesting shopping centre, I would probably find suitable non-expensive gifts for everyone. But time runs out and then the pressure is on!

Ginette, leave the shopping centres behind, you'll never find anything but high street tat in those! I usually pop into cheap shops, charity shops and markets throughout the year and pick up bits and pieces which may make suitable gifts. I've also found a few sellers on ebay who offer unusual gifts, and have had some great buys. Also places like Hawkins Bazaar (they do a catalogue) used to be quite interesting.