Cate in NZ

Patio

I posted somewhere (can't remember where- off topic as usual, no doubt :oops: ) that I was dedicating part of my weekend to building a patio. Well, to update, I've done it- almost, just need hubby & his circular saw to do a bit of tidying up, and a few finishing touches. Hubby connected up the electrics tonight, and it looks fab- even if I say so myself :)

As I'm no builder I didn't go for traditional slabs, but copied a design I'd seen at Wisley, a few, attractive slabs with loads of stones interspersed, and with the lights, furniture and some pot plants it's very effective. I'm such a happy bunny, sat out on my new patio with a glass of wine this evening, feeling very pleased with myself :roll: I think the euphoria was wine induced though :roll:

Ground Force et al have a lot to answer for. It was anything but easy :roll: . And whilst I posted hat the patio is more or less complete (just a couple of finishing touches required that I plan to do at weekend, I did "forget" to mention the great mound of earth in the garden that I'm trying to artfully re-distribute around the garden :shock: But I am pleased with myself- hubby didn't think I could do it :roll: . Nor did I on several back-breaking points :wink:

Well done Kate, it's great when we prove to those men that we can use a screwdriver, hammer and saw isn't it?!

I can use them, but pretend to be useless so he does it all

My pshchology exactly! "oh, this is too heavy...I can't quite reach.....would you show me how to........." It works every time!

Apparently, I don't stack the dishwasher correctly either! Fancy that! :wink:

Well done Kate, it's great when we prove to those men that we can use a screwdriver, hammer and saw isn't it?!

I can use them, but pretend to be useless so he does it all

My pshchology exactly! "oh, this is too heavy...I can't quite reach.....would you show me how to........." It works every time!

Apparently, I don't stack the dishwasher correctly either! Fancy that! :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I dont sweep the floors properly. I am devestated :wink:

Have you found that its impossible to remove paperwork from dining room tables too?

Conversely, OH seems unable to locate where shoes are kept, or keys. Perhaps ist a male/female thing, where their strength and spatial awareness skills (i.e. stacking dishwasher) are ofset at the expense of their memories..."I had it a minute ago...." :lol:

Have you found that its impossible to remove paperwork from dining room tables too?

Conversely, OH seems unable to locate where shoes are kept, or keys. Perhaps ist a male/female thing, where their strength and spatial awareness skills (i.e. stacking dishwasher) are ofset at the expense of their memories..."I had it a minute ago...." :lol:

Yup.

I got home from work last night to find he had cleared / tidyed up the bombsite that was our dining room! Shame :wink: Mind you he does seem to be getting old and doddery (he was 42 on Tuesday :wink: ) and does seem to forget many things (ahh!)

I've always done my own DIY (but have trained OH to do the bits I don't like) but I do seem to have 'lost' the ability to cook! :wink::wink: and the vacuum is getting a bit heavy for me these days :wink:

Did someone say patios? :?:lol: - I've only stopped doing patios since I hurt my knee and can't carry the slabs - I just 'project manage' now ans it's driving me mad!