The Dogmother Posted November 17, 2009 Share Posted November 17, 2009 I do goodies too, all packed in some newspaper bags from the India Shop. usually, they contain homemade preserves, cookies, chocolate truffles and the suchlike, homemade alcoholic stuff too. They always seem to go down well. Good luck with yours CM. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted November 18, 2009 Share Posted November 18, 2009 Mine are definitely progressing: Plum Jam Onion Marmalade Chilli Jam (as per on this site - wow thats good! Need to make more for us...) Cranberry spiced vodka (brewing at the moment... Looks devine! Thank you Omleteers again) Basil and Garlic Vinegar - again brewing in the spare room! And will probably add a herb mix or two in - depending on the recipient. Found some some nice cheap baskets from a Christmas pound shop type place, and some lovely gingham red material for the tops of the jars. Fingers crossed should look ok! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 18, 2009 Author Share Posted November 18, 2009 Well, I have finished my 1st hamper and sent it off to be delivered via MIL. (I did take a rubbish photo but photobucket will only produce a size that is HUGE whatever I ask it to do ) DD made some lovely labels each with a fun description and serving suggestions It contains Onion Marmalade Pickled Beetroot Spicy Pickled Onions Dried Red Chillies Home Dried Corriander Leaves Vanilla Sugar Chilli Jam (my fav!) Strawberry Jam Little Basket has Nutmeg, Bay Leaves, Cinnamon Sticks Picallili (so different that shop bought, it's it lovely) I used a collapsable box that I found in Lidl as I thought that they would be handy to use around the house afterwards. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sunshinesupernova Posted November 21, 2009 Share Posted November 21, 2009 so far - I'm intending on doing (nearer the time) chocolate covered honeycomb marshmallows - had a practise this week and they turned out fab ! rum truffles cranberry and macadamia fudge baileys double chocolate fudge shortbread Nigella Lawsons white chocolate and pistacio biscuits (also try with brazil nuts) - HEAVEN !! I've already stored up : summer fruits jam gooseberry jam strawberry and lychee jam sweet chilli dipping sauce helluva hot sweet chilli jam (birds eye chillies with seeds left in !) tomato and onion chutney limoncello made this week - spiced beetroot and orange chutney. Recipe from this months Good Food magazine. It's SO good that I even emailed them about it. Doesn't sound great - but taste is truly unbeatable. Also made mini bubble and bake christmas cake (in mandarin orange tins) which have just had their second dousing of rum Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sunshinesupernova Posted November 21, 2009 Share Posted November 21, 2009 Chucky Mama TRy ebay for your vanilla pods - I buy mine there in bulk. I then chop about 5 > 10 in half and pop them in a small jam jar 3/4 full of vodka or gin. Saw it on tv a log time ago..... After a month or so, you have your own vanilla extract. The pods also stay lovely and soft and are very easy to remove seeds from as needed for other things Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chucky Mama Posted November 22, 2009 Author Share Posted November 22, 2009 Thanks for the tip sunshinesupernova I will keep that in mind for next time I need some. Thankfully Christian sent me a few pods - very kind Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted November 22, 2009 Share Posted November 22, 2009 baileys double chocolate fudge OK, if you have the time,I NEED the recipe for this I found a nice one for white chocolate & cranberry fudge,which sounds nice & festive. Never made Fudge before,so it will be interesting..................... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted November 22, 2009 Share Posted November 22, 2009 Have you seen the calico cottage kits on QVC? It's yummy fudge - I had a kit last year. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...