Louise

Poultry Sale

What will I get at the Poultry Sale  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What will I get at the Poultry Sale

• Nothing you will be really sensible
    • Oh just one more chook won't hurt
    • Cool I didn't know you could get those here
    • Does anyone know how to apply for a dangerous wild animal licence??

I am off to the Longtown Poultry Sale on Saturday. I am going purely as company for someone who was recently foxed with no plans to buy anything (except maybe a broody box if they are selling any). I know from experience that I am likely to get somethiong and it will be stupid so I though I would see how well the Omleteers know me by running a little poll :oops:

No Nicola, Betty has gone broody and is being a right mare :evil: I have printed off the picture of the one your dad made and one of the guys here has a carpenter in the family so he is going to see how much it will cost to make me one similar. Betty has threatened before so it looks as though it will be a persistent problem with her :evil: I need to break her out of it and so far nothing I have tried has worked so the harsh treatment is required

As for the credit card sarah I think you could have a point there

I won't be able to tell you till Monday which of the options was the right one :lol:

I am off to the Longtown Poultry Sale on Saturday. I am going purely as company for someone who was recently foxed with no plans to buy anything (except maybe a broody box if they are selling any). I know from experience that I am likely to get somethiong and it will be stupid so I though I would see how well the Omleteers know me by running a little poll :oops:

Hi Louise,

Hope you have a lovely day on Saturday, wish I was going with you, it is something I have never been to. :(

Think you will buy another chook and something you haven't seen before but you think would be useful. :!::!:

Oh, Louise, I've been contemplating this, and I'm really not sure. I think you're going to be very tempted at the poultry sale, and you'll definitely see loads of things you'd like to buy. But your resolve will remain strong, common sense prevailing, etc. But you've only got 2 in your eglu, and you just know you can squeeze another in. Then again you work full time, and you'd definitely put chicken welfare high priority. So I think that if you've got a bigger, secure run, or the space to build one, and the time to supervise pecking order squabbles, you might just be tempted by a cute little feathery face looking for a new home. So I think that no matter how tempted you are you'll not impulse buy (livestock at least- henrobilia & treats, well that's another matter :roll: ). I can see you coming back with 1 extra chook though :)

Dear Louise,

I have voted for number 2. You could squeeze another homeless chook in there, which will:

1) Feed your craving to buy something

2) Be a the most sensible decision and influence you to do the practical thing (which I hope helps, and you don't end up with the equlivalent of Noahs Ark for birds)

3) Be great company for Betty and Wilma

Have lots of fun! Sounds like the perfect, although very temptating, day out :lol:

Okay I am back and I have finally voted in my poll and the answer is...............................................option 1 :lol:

It was good to go to but there was nothing that I fell for. There were some lovely grey pheasants if my garden was finished I might have been tempted but they had no Ostriches or Rheas this year phew.

Most of the lots were at least 3 birds so not practical and some of them looked like ex battery with trimmed beaks.

Lots of gorgeous bantams but I am not really a little chook person I like proper sized birds but that is personal taste. Most lots also contained a cockerel which is a no no for me.

For those of you lusting for the ducklu they had loads of really sweet little call ducks which would be ideal in a garden but it is the females that make all the noise there :lol:

There were some nice hens but they were all in trios. If there had been a nice single one I might have swayed.

Plan now is to get the big run up and going and than maybe in a year or so another eglu and then maybe back to the poultry sale although I may just hunt round for a breeder and get a few different ones :? But I am not going to do it on impulse it will be planned :shock:

I definitely want something unusual as well. Once the garden is more secure either some fancy pheasants and let them take their chances with Mr Fox :evil: or some Peacocks I think :roll:

Well Done Louise - although I'm not so sure you would have been so restrained had there been a cheeky chicken clucking at you to take her home :wink:

I went to Belton Grange Chicken farm last week, and mother duck had given birth to four adorable chicks. I was so tempted...... :roll: