craftyhunnypie

Audrey's back in lay! yippee

Phew at long last Audrey one of my gingers is back in lay. I've been getting one each a day from Rita & Blanche. But Audrey was Broody for about 5 weeks, then went through a bad moult. She's now fluffing up nicely & went to clean the nest this morning ( early ) and there was an egg, a soft one mind you, but still an egg. I know it's hers as I've had the usual others this morning & Audrey is now back in the nest trying to lay todays offering! :roll: ( She had meal worms before bed last night, so I think she is showing her appreciation ).

Just going to check for her egg now!

I'll let you all know the score!

So, is it normal for chickens to stop laying then? This is the second winter I have had my two girls, but I can't remember them stopping last year... Summer I had more eggs than I could handle. They both stopped laying about 6-7 weeks ago now... They seem fine and dandy in all other ways, so I don't think they are poorly. I'm just a little concerned if this is normal? I know things "slow" down in winter, but stop completely? Any advice would be appreciated!!

I sang a little song to them on Christmas Eve. "Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken... lay a little egg for me!!" Went out there Christmas morning in my dressing gown, hoping for a nice egg for Christmas brekkie - but alas!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!