Daphne

bantam egg weight

Not that I'm being competitive or anything :lol: but what size eggs do you get from your bantams? My orp bant who has had her moult and is still laying, so is sort of in Year 2 of her egg production, is now laying 58g eggs. These seem quite large to me, but are they?

I have my scales.....I have my skelter.....here goes....

Todays Eggs:

LF Silkie - 34g

Cream Legbar - 48g

Amber Star - 60g

LF Buff Orp - 64g

Splash Orp - 62g

Bluebelle - 52g

Pekin - 35g

Frizzle - 38g

Pekin/silkie cross - 32g

Mini Silkie - 30g

SO.....on that what Tasha is saying my wyandotte cross is actually a miniture...best amend the signature to call them all The little girls!

Thats very interesting.

Thanks Redwing, I didn't know about the limit for showing so at least now I won't be embarrassed in the unlikely event I enter an event! My polands have packed up for the year (I think) and as I've only just got some digital scales I don't know what their eggs are, I'll just have to be patient and see next year, tho I would expect them to be within the limits :D

Palmer07 - I thought she was laying big eggs for her size, so its useful to see what your LF orps are doing - mine have packed up, so I can't compare.