Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 (edited) This is my lovely Clover who in the past couple of weeks has suddenly become much more friendly and attentive than my other Bitzas and Blossom with whom she shares the Could you please set my mind at rest, I'm seeing pointy neck feathers and sweeping saddles is anyone else? Just to complete the gang here are Copper, Blossom and Clover .....and Jasmine on her own as usual She's very difficult to get mid-frame as she skits around like a demented fly Sha x Edited October 26, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 I hope she is a girl because she looks just like my Australorp. Therefore, I think 'she's' a 'he' (if you get my logic). Sorry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 I am going with boy on this one sorry, those saddle feathers in the second pic are very Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 Sorry, but it looks like a boy to me to. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 Sorry, i'm saying boy as well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 And me. Sorry. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 Why is it the boys are so much friendlier than the girls........my 2 Lt Sussex boys are lovely & let me pick them up with the merest squeak, Pansy however shrieks like a banshee, and now Clover is a cheeky little tinker who is always after a snack from my hand but the girls would rather extract their own toe nails than have a cuddle or even a snack, especially Jasmine This was the first sign I noticed that things weren't as they should be........... This morning there was a kind of mumbled "mockamoodle" kind of noise emanating from his/her beak I even asked for a repeat, though that was not forthcoming Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 ooh no Sha! Would love to say girl...but my initial thoughts are boy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 I've got to find the breeders number...........whooppee it's still on my mobile...see it's good to be so disorganised that you never clear your phone down I'll be phoning her tomorrow, she did say she was almost convinced they were all girls, but any problems let her know...........well now there's a problem, I'll be letting her know I just hope Jassie & Copper are girls Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted October 25, 2009 Share Posted October 25, 2009 I've got to find the breeders number...........whooppee it's still on my mobile...see it's good to be so disorganised that you never clear your phone down Now I would have added that to the chicken pages of my filofax...wouldn`t even chance loosing a chicken breeder number! Fingers crossed that Jasmine and Copper are little ladies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 25, 2009 Author Share Posted October 25, 2009 The fact that she lives about 3 miles door to door equates to "not a vital s"Ooops, word censored!" of paper to keep" in my book but I obviously didn't have a s"Ooops, word censored!" of paper to hand so stored it in my outbox I need a secretary Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 The fact that she lives about 3 miles door to door equates to "not a vital s"Ooops, word censored!" of paper to keep" in my book but I obviously didn't have a s"Ooops, word censored!" of paper to hand so stored it in my outbox I need a secretary Sha x My rates are very competitve! Let us know what the breeder says! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 26, 2009 Author Share Posted October 26, 2009 Well this morning I made the call to the breeder & was told to bring Clover back today..............so I did & swapped him for two little girls, another Ara cross who's half the size of Jasmine and got very blue lobes already, and a younger Maran cross, who has such lovely grey bars..I do hope she doesn't turn out to be a he as well She might just lay me some little chocolate brown eggs Here's a quick snap of the two newbies "conversing" with Copper who looks HUGE behind them and all the Pekin babies to the left, excuse the chicken wire giving a slightly blurry effect The Ara and Lavender giving each other "the eye" through the run DH hasn't seen them yet but didn't seem surprised that one became two Names are being argued about as I type.......... That ungrateful little tinker Clover didn't even look back when we put him in with his old family Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 Oooh...I do love it when one becomes two! They look very sweet Sha! The Cuckoo is gorgeous and the Ara us preeeettyyy!!! Blue and chocolate eggs.....that skelter will be a sight to behold! BUT....... are we sure Copper is a girl...she looks very butch in that picture SORRY !!!! maybe it is just perspective....she is standing with the babies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted October 26, 2009 Author Share Posted October 26, 2009 No we are not sure at all............ Copper & Clover have been squaring up to each other from day one, and I'm concerned about the neck feathers again....I'll go & get a better pic............. Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted October 26, 2009 Share Posted October 26, 2009 OOOOOOOOOOOh Sha, looks like a boy from where I'm standing. Typical cockerel stance that is. All he/she needs now is the poo test. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...