Alison M

Organic Produce/Coleslaw Recipe

After watching a couple of tv programmes, and reading various articles over the past few weeks, I decided yesterday that I am going to purchase organic produce whenever I can. :):)

Yesterday I purchased organic chicken drumsticks from Tesco (amazed how much more expensive, :shock: but worth it).

I would like to know if any other fellow omleteers have a favourite recipe for coleslaw, as I thought with the weather being nice at the moment I would try healthy eating as well.

Hi Alison, I just grate carrot, red cabbage and white cabbage in the food processor and then add homemade mayo........ :lol:

Mayo recipe 2 free range egg yolks

2 tsp white wine vinigar

1 tsp dijon mustard

salt and pepper

300ml vegetable oil

Place all the ingredients, except the oil in the food processor and blend until pale and creamy then with the motor running pour in enough oil in a steady stream to make a thick mayo........... :lol:

I am not very well at present, I think I have forumitus - and it's very contagious

:lol::lol: its a well known computer virus...fatal! It prevents your system from doing anything other than surf the omlet forum, so no housework, cooking, gardening, work etc...

There's no known cure either!!!

I KNOW that posting about coleslaw was just a clever trick to make us all think you were thinking of doing something else!!! But you see, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

I'm thinking about having my computer relocated to the kitchen.... :lol::lol::lol: or maybe a laptop with wirelss connection, so I can move around with it on top of the vaccuum??!!

I KNOW that posting about coleslaw was just a clever trick to make us all think you were thinking of doing something else!!! But you see, IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

I'm thinking about having my computer relocated to the kitchen.... :lol::lol::lol: or maybe a laptop with wirelss connection, so I can move around with it on top of the vaccuum??!!

You always bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi,

I'm famous for my hotslaw amonghst our family and friends... I don't have a firm recipe as such, just a list of ingredients and keep grating until you think the balance is right:

White or hispi cabbage (finely sliced)

Carrots (grated)

Onion (finely sliced)

Fresh chillies (finely sliced)

Crunchy apple (chopped into chunks)

Raisins

Salad cream and Mayo

It gets hotter overnight but with the sweetness of apple and raisins it's divine if you like that sort of thing :D

That's what I've got!! I was browsing the forum outside with my girls clucking beside me the other day when it was sunny :wink:

Sorry - getting back on topic - I have been using Riverford for quite a few years now and they really are great and I can thoroughly recommend them. The produce is always great and each week you get a newsletter explaining how the crops are going - so you know what's doing well and what problems they're having. They tell you what percentage of your box is UK grown and they try to grow as much on the farm as possible to keep the food miles down. I live in Devon so it's especially good for me. It's delivered to my door every week and I simply do not know what I would do without it - especially at christmas when everyone else is rugby scrumming for manky old brussels in the nasty supermarket - my super sprouts arrive on my doorstep :wink: