jam

Skinny Guineas

I'm rather confused atm because all my girl guineas have suddenly become very skinny over the past few weeks and I don't understand why. In the five years that i've kept them this has never happened before and I am still looking after them the way I always have been.

During the winter they are kept in hutches in the garden but are put in their runs for some grass when the weathers not too cold. They are fed dried food and carrots every day along with any veg s"Ooops, word censored!"s and their hay racks are always full. And of course they have water.

If anything I would have thought that they would become fat because they arnt getting as much exercise as they do in the summer. Ive checked for mites and other beasties but there are none and the other weird thing is that the two boys are completely in weight. It doesnt make any sense.

Am I doing anything wrong? and does anyone know anything I could feed them to help build up their weight again

Jam

That does seem strange... have you thought of taking them to a vet to ask any advice? I don't know if it's possible for guineas to get some kind of worms or anything? If they are skinny and you can't think why, taking them to a vet might be a good idea...