poachedegg

Chinese Lanterns - Recommendations where to buy from?

Having never bought anything like this before, just wondering whether anyone can recommend where to buy Chinese Lanterns from? After seeing them on New Years Eve, thought that it may be nice to get some for DS's 16th birthday in a couple of weeks, but want to buy from somewhere reputable.

:D

Do you mean the ones you light and send up into the sky?

They sell them on ebay :D ... maybe not reputable but they have a lot?

I was tempted to get some for New Years but then left it too late :roll:

Not sure how true it is, but a few places say the red ones show up better than the white :think:

We bought some on Play.com, I wanted to set some off for my God daughter, but she lives within 5 miles of an airport, so we couldn't :(

I can set them off in my garden though :dance:

In fact, we did some last year for fun, and one of our neighbours saw it after it was in the sky, and we had moved to the front of the house to see it better, and he asked what it was as he had seen it from a bedroom window, and Phil pretended it was a UFO :shh: He believed him too :roll:

I have just ordered wome to send up into the sky for ED's 16th Birthday on 21st :D I'm hoping to get all her friends and family to put messages and wishes on them before we let them go during the evening :D

I ordered them through Amazon a pack of 10 was about £11.99 but with postage added on top.

Karen x

I got 50 from ebay. They were £20.00 if I remember. We had them for stepdaughter's wedding. Wonderful letting them all go together.

I do recall an article in the Independent, I think, saying they were a danger to cattle who picked up and ate the wires. In Thailand they are reported to have a tendency to fall to earth before they go out, setting peoples houses on fire :shock: