Donna_0

Poorly cat....

:(

Sad news. Georgie had to be put to sleep yesterday morning. OH and I held him while the vet injected him, and we stroked him to sleep. I have never cried so much in my life.

Bless the vet he was so caring, and said george really was a cool cat..he even had the nurses in the back crying. I guess he had worked his charm on them all while he was staying in the hospital.

The poor lad's kidneys had given up, and the wobbliness was due to the toxins from his kidneys going into his brain making him dizzy and unsteady. It was awful to see such sweet natured, robust cat with a massive personality go downhill so fast.

We are heartbroken, the house feels really empty. I miss the stupid things already like him chewing my glasses on the bedside table at 4 in the morning to wake me up, and stealing my pillow just before I put my head down.

All that consoles me is that we lost the George we knew a week ago, and that we did the right thing not keeping him going for our sake. We adopted him and his brother from the blue cross..it's true how they say you don't pick a cat they pick you, thats just what happened.

We have given them both more love than they needed, and been twisted around paws for just under 4 years and every bit has been wonderful.

Sleep tite Georgie..we love you very much..hope you have plenty of love and cuddles wherever special cats go xxxx

I am so sorry to hear this :cry::cry:

I know exactly how you are feeling, they are such a big part of your lives aren't they?

This sounds silly right now, but honestly time is a great healer :) . A month on from Bracken being put to sleep and I am not constantly crying now and smiling when I think of all the lovely years we had with her.

((big hugs)) x

I'm so sorry Donna :cry:

Poor old Georgie- he sounded like a real character! You did your very best for him and from what you've said, he had a long and very happy life with you.

I echo what Chelsea said about time being a great healer... it will feel so raw at the moment but in a little while, you'll be smiling when you think of him and all the good times he gave you.

Thinking of you and sending lots of love.

xx

:) Thank you all for your kind replies,

Have just been down to the cats protection league lady and given her a huge bagful of cat food pouches and old toys (kept pookie bear and kissyfur-his faves), thought it might help the charity as they always need stuff.

Also, been out to our 3 pekin girlies today, thought that little pickles' comb and wattles had got big..checked the nest box and 'ta daa' 4 eggs..our first ones from these girls. How bizarre as it happens when georgie goes night night?

What a rubbish week. I know things will get better but it hurts us both knowing we'll never see his cheeky chops again :(

Donna xx

So sorry - the pain when you lose an animal is awful and every time we have lost a much loved pet I swear that we will never have another one as it hurts so much to lose them.

Your heart then gets taken by another one and there you go again! I think the heartbreak is more than compensated for by the joy you get from owning a pet (or being owned by them I should say)

It will get easier and you will forget the last few weeks and just remember the good times you had with him

Thanks everyone, you've all been so lovely :cry:

Debbie I'm so sorry avbout your cat :(:(

All I can do is cry..keep having visions of tuesday morning. We will definately have other pets in the future as we love having little dudes around, but will never want to replace my lad.

I know things get easier but I never knew how much it hurts.

Must keep busy until it passes :anxious:

Donna xx

:) Helloo...

Well it's been a few days,we picked up Georgies ashes yesterday (had another episode in the vets-embarassing :oops: )The vets and nurses were so kind to us.

We've started to plan a weeks holiday for june for something to focus on.

I'm really missing the pussy cat companionship so much already, and feel guilty for even thinking about getting another. We've discussed it and I think possibly we'll try and get a couple of snowshoe kittens towards the ed of the year when we feel the time is right (would like younger ones next time so we have more time with them).

I'm just sitting now remembering the little monkey with a smile on my face so things are starting to get better.

What a rubbish week.... :wall: