Cooks Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 oh bless her! Jessie will take them in a piece of ham or meal of that kind. Suzi eats the ham spits out the tablet so I do sympathise with him Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 I mix Henrys tablets in with his food and he just eats them (he is on medication twice a day, so I am glad ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted March 1, 2010 Share Posted March 1, 2010 Poor Candy, send her love and licks from Ruby. Cheese always works for getting tablets down my woofer. Do you have any vet wound powder to squirt on her wound? I did that on Ruby's and kept her in a box muzzle when I wasn't able to watch her - a lurcher's head is usually too narrow for a 'cone of shame'. After a couple of days, she'd forgotten about it completely. Cuddles from me to Candy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 Oh bless her. Have you tried pate, that always works for me or cheese squeezed around the tablet. Hope it clears up soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted March 2, 2010 Author Share Posted March 2, 2010 Thanks for all the happy thoughts - she's perked up loads today! Antibiotics working already so no more gunkyness She's taking the tablets quite happily crushed into her food with a bit of bisto gravy added She's also having the galastop so her hormones are settling and she's on some 'Calm Down' herbs from CSJ for her nerves. And she's had a nice trot round the playing fields this morning - no chance of getting mucked up as it was nice and frosty. All in all a happier, more chilled springie today Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 2, 2010 Share Posted March 2, 2010 oh thats great to hear, bless her brave heart I just think shes adorable! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted March 3, 2010 Share Posted March 3, 2010 Sorry I've just caught up with this. Hoping Candy is back to her bubbly self soon! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...