SarahCavy

Just got my Eglu!

Just to say my Guineas love it! And it's so easy to use, just as I hoped it would be! 3 of them are in there comfortably. I opted for the long run as I have plenty of the wooden 6ft runs and they simply love having the space to popcorn around in.

If you want to have a look at my website, it's www.tandycavies.piczo.com

I would love to have another 5 Eglus but unfortunately I couldn't really run to it but maybe next year when my existing wooden runs have rotted I'll invest in another one or two! :x

Edited by Guest

8)

Do you have a problem with the door?

When I swing it shut, there is quite a gap around the bottom and up the side, easily seen when you shut the door and put your head inside you can see a lot of daylight around the bottom and side. Actually i think there may be a problem and I'm checking it out with Omlet.

Last night I decided to just lip some newspaper up the door to stop the draught because I didn't feel that my plastic hideaway box would be big enough for three.

They kindly replaced the faulty one and the second one was fine on the one side but there is still a gap on the side where the hinge is?

----

Omlet said that this is for ventilation purposes but hubby had a great idea last night of putting some folding plastic draught excluder half way up which would cut the gap down a bit (after all there are only 3 guineas in there!) so that's what I am going to do - for the Winter at least :D