Gelbel Posted April 29, 2010 Share Posted April 29, 2010 I hang my treats up in the WIR on a BBQ skewer - cabbages, courgettes, cucumbers and sweetcorn are all devoured. I had some apples needed using so hung them up last night. The girls are PETRIFIED of them. They have not ventured to that part of the run since I hung them at 5pm last night. They spent the evening huddled together in a frightened gang of three, giving the apples the evil eye and making that little worried meeping sound. I've just taken the apples down and they have gingerly wandered back to that part of the WIR - all a bit worrying as the apples were hanging near the water and feeding station. I also found Madge in the nest. She's been crouching for two weeks now. She may or may not have been passing a softee on the last couple of Sundays as she has not been well on these days and has displayed all the right softee symptoms. Please for the egg fairy to visit today with Madge's very first egg as the DH has a HUGHELY significant birthday today and it would be a wonderful pressie for him. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
C&T Posted April 29, 2010 Share Posted April 29, 2010 Mine act like that around Brussel Sprout Stalks (TBH - confirmed all my suspicions, as I hate sprouts, but hey!!) They are funny things!! That your first egg arrives in time for the big birthday! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roobaloo Posted April 29, 2010 Share Posted April 29, 2010 Mine were a little suspicious of apples at first, not scared but I left one sat in the run and they would walk around them rather than past... In the end a cut it a little (little 'v' cuts into it) so they could smell it better...Toph now goes crazy for them...roll them into the run and she chases after them!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gelbel Posted April 29, 2010 Author Share Posted April 29, 2010 Oooh I will have to try that - thanks for the tip. And Madge has presented DH with her 1st egg on his very significant birthday. Good girl!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickyhazel Posted April 29, 2010 Share Posted April 29, 2010 Sometimes it's like they can understand you after all... or not Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
keyhole kate Posted April 29, 2010 Share Posted April 29, 2010 My girls were used to getting green apples one day I rolled a Red one in the run I have never seen anything so funny in my life they all had a shocked look and reacted as though I had rolled in a grenade I had to retrieve it and cut it up so they could see it was just a different coloured apple. They are funny little creatures thats why I love them Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...