Christian Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 Veet. Less painful Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 I've just been on the Clarks website and saw these and I simply must find them in a size 8 somewhere now, I cannot live another day without them http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/size-is-_8/producttype-is-shoes/product-is-20338589 Just bought a pair of these in the teal blue colour Thought I would wear them home as they were so comfy,& they started to rub me after 10 mins or so - I now have raw heels & I am supposed to be wearing them tomorrow for my new job I will be taking a few plasters with me! They are very comfy though - I just made a rookie mistake in wearing them with no tights or socks the first time. I haven't worn anything with a back on it (I even wear Crocs as Mules) for 4 years - I don't think my heels are as tough as they used to be! EDIT - I tried on a 6 & a 6.5, asked to buy the 6,but find that I have in fact been sold the 6.5...no wonder they were slipping & have rubbed me raw Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Palmer Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 I've just been on the Clarks website and saw these and I simply must find them in a size 8 somewhere now, I cannot live another day without them http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-women/size-is-_8/producttype-is-shoes/product-is-20338589 Just bought a pair of these in the teal blue colour Thought I would wear them home as they were so comfy,& they started to rub me after 10 mins or so - I now have raw heels & I am supposed to be wearing them tomorrow for my new job I will be taking a few plasters with me! They are very comfy though - I just made a rookie mistake in wearing them with no tights or socks the first time. I haven't worn anything with a back on it (I even wear Crocs as Mules) for 4 years - I don't think my heels are as tough as they used to be! I have these in the pink and wanted something modern and comfy, as I have plantar fasciitis and the balls of my left foot gets really painful. I wore them with socks so as not to rub and the first weekend I had them I walked a few miles along Exmouth seafront and up Glastonbury Tor. They were really comfy. However, the next time I wore them the joints on both big toes were really painful, as that's where they come across the foot. I tried not wearing them for a week, but they they were still painful. The soles of my feet are great though!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 * Report this post * Reply with quote Re: Supporting Sandals Recommendations? New post Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm Might be worth going to the doctor if it continues Redwing. I also have painful heels, started with one then the other joined in and was so painful i couldn't walk - particularly first thing in the morning. Nurse told me it's called plantar fasciitis and not caused by being overweight - ballet dancers get it - although being as overweight as I am probably doesn't help. my sister has this and has found Birkenstocks to be her best footwear. She also saw a podiatrist, who recommended Birkenstocks and gave her exercises. She is a traditionally built lady too (my sister) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 4, 2010 Share Posted May 4, 2010 I was just thinking 'Plantar Fasciitis' or Spur Heel as it's also known when I saw that it had already been mentioned by Torrin. I had it once and the only thing that helped was wearing either my Crocs or Fitflops. I think they'd be hard put to blame it on my weight too, so how very dare anyone blame it on yours! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted May 10, 2010 Share Posted May 10, 2010 I noticed that there was a great range of DM's in Schuh last week - not all clunky great big boots,but some really cute little shoes too. I bet they would be really supportive. Would have tried some on myself,but still have weeping heels from the Clarkes mess-up Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 10, 2010 Share Posted May 10, 2010 My DM boots from the factory shop are the last word in comfort, and for highish heels, that's a miracle. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...