AJuff Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 (edited) Two gardens down they have hens!!!! I love looking at them from my dining room window. I was telling a friend of mine how sad it was that i can't see my girls as they are round the side of the house in a walk in run and use the side garden. My friend says I can use her spare eglu to keep two of my chooks in. Lovely I thought. Now I'm thinking do I keep two flocks? or do I just put two different hens in every day and put them all back together at the end of the day? Will they get confused? Edited May 3, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
karlotta Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 What about having a few bantams near the house? They are so funny to watch and are so entertaining! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted May 2, 2010 Share Posted May 2, 2010 Bantams sounds like a good idea Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted May 3, 2010 Author Share Posted May 3, 2010 But that would mean getting another two hens . . . . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 But that would mean getting another two hens . . . . ..I was thinking three. Bantams? OK, four then. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
karlotta Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 But that would mean getting another two hens . . . . ..I was thinking three. Bantams? OK, four then. At least! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Christian Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 Yep, I agree with the others. Definitely 5 bantams. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 Or six with an extension, etc. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted May 3, 2010 Author Share Posted May 3, 2010 Really!! You are all such a bad influence!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 I don't know what you're talking about. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 Or six with an extension, etc. Janty is that in an eglu? Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted May 3, 2010 Share Posted May 3, 2010 Six bantams would be fine in an eglu. I used to have six in my purple eglu with a convertor and an extension. There was still loads of room inside but the run was perfect for them. Mine used to free range all the time once the intros were complete and choose where they wanted to sleep. My record for an eglu was six hybrids and two RIR minis. I put my foot down and started rearranging after that. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...